McLean Krieger TASM V5 - Jarradlm

jarradfx

Hello, everyone!

You're all probably excited or surprised to see that McLean Krieger has finally made a new version of his TASM suit. Luckily I was able to grab a print with the help of El Fett, whom I cannot thank enough. This print is much different to his previous versions, the overall design and layout are not the same as your standard Spider-Man suit file/print.

I will not be posting a heap of pictures of the print because McLean has specifically stated himself, on the actual print, not to take photos of the print laid out flat. I will post some pictures of puff paint detailing though. This is due to the fact that scammers can produce files with pictures of laid out print pictures but no where near as good quality as the original. I respect McLean and his hard work so the pictures I provide are the pictures I provide.

I intend to puff paint this print to increase the accuracy and overall look and feel of the suit. I'm not going to start quite yet, only until I figure a few more things out then everything will be underway. I have all the supplies I need for it be screen accurate. So far I have as follows:

McLean's print (obviously)
ASIC Dirt Dog 3 (Also got through El Fett)
McLean TASM faceshell
3D-Printed Web-shooters
Tulip puff paint

Even though I already have McLean's TASM faceshell, I ordered a brand new one from Brayan Alzate on Facebook. Personally, I think his faceshell and lenses are far more screen accurate than McLeans. But don't get me wrong, McLean's version is fantastic! My McLean faceshell has no jaw piece because the person I bought it off found it better to use if the jaw piece was attached with some elastic straps for mobility. Eventually I got rid of but still kept the piece, I'll probably attach it back on (without elastic) some time soon and possibly sell it. The new shell hasn't arrived yet but I'll be sure to make an update when it does.

Here's some pictures of the things I already have, excluding the puff paint (and other detailing bits)

Comparison.jpgMyMcLean.jpgIMG_1119.jpgIMG_1121.jpg

The web-shooters above aren't assemble as yet, but were just put together like so for the sake of the picture. If anyone has any suggestions for the red middle part feel free to let me know, except for cellophane. For anyone wondering, the little chips inside the web-shooters are off an old computer hard drive which I cut out with a pair of pliers.

Thanks for checking this out and I hope you stick around for the build!

Last edited:
best conditions are given :)

*subscribed*

planing an similar project in the future =)
Are the webshooters from shapeways? Why do you prefer the Brayan Alzate Shell over McLeans? Can't find much differences in the screens - the height looks a little bid odd :p

best conditions are given :)

*subscribed*

planing an similar project in the future =)
Are the webshooters from shapeways? Why do you prefer the Brayan Alzate Shell over McLeans? Can't find much differences in the screens - the height looks a little bid odd :p

Thanks for subbing! Yeah, the web-shooters are from shapeways. I like Brayan's shell because of the colour of frames and especially the reflective lenses. The detail on his ones opposed to McLean's are more accurate, in the movie the 'hex' pattern is quite small on the lenses and Brayan replicated it really well. Where as McLean used the TASM elope sunglasses which are too large of detail for my liking.

Last edited:
I have the same print. Waiting on some stuff to come in the mail and the Walmart in my town is always out of puff paint so I have to go and find some elsewhere. Then I'll get started.
Will you be doing the "detached mask with Hood" option or attached mask?

I have the same print. Waiting on some stuff to come in the mail and the Walmart in my town is always out of puff paint so I have to go and find some elsewhere. Then I'll get started. Will you be doing the "detached mask with Hood" option or attached mask?
Good to see you got yourself a print :) I haven't decided on that option yet, kinda leaning towards the detached option.

This is going to be great to watch. And I have say I am SUPER glad that MCL34N has decided to tell people not to take pictures of the flat pattern. He's put TONS of work into perfecting his pelting and I always hated watching people rip it off.

I'm excited to see a new Spidey build and know that this will be one to watch since you've definitely got all the best pieces gathered.

Good luck!

-Nick

I think it's about time I posted some progress, I started painting a few days after posting this thread. I've done all the blue pieces apart from the legs and the back and a few red pieces, too. My new faceshell and lens combo are still yet to arrive though. After taking a tiny break from painting I managed to knock my bottle over and it rolled over the wet paint and make a small mess. Luckily I acted quickly and got a baby wipe (lol) and got out as much paint as I could. It turned out pretty well and isn't too noticeable, plus it's on the back of the arm so that's a bonus. I also started preparing the Asics, it's a lot harder than you'd think. I haven't got any photos of them yet, I'll include them in the next update.

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 10.18.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 10.18.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 10.22.42 PM.png

Last edited:
What a save!!! I would've had a panic attack.

It looks good so far.
Since you plan on having this done by Halloween, what will you do with the fixed
back piece Mclean is supposed to send out to the people who ordered TASM1 prints?

What a save!!! I would've had a panic attack.

It looks good so far.
Since you plan on having this done by Halloween, what will you do with the fixed
back piece Mclean is supposed to send out to the people who ordered TASM1 prints?

Believe me, at first I almost had a heart attack. Thank you, that's a fair point. I didn't think of that, I guess it depends when he does get them out but if I don't get it done by then I won't be too worried ;)

Hello, everyone - sorry it's been a while, I'm lazy and procrastinate a lot. I have 2/4 leg pieces completed and they are looking quite good. I have completed a few more red and pieces and I'm really happy with how they're turning out. My faceshell from Bryan Alzate arrived a while ago and it's pretty sweet. I still have a fair way to go, two more leg pieces and the back piece when it's replaced and then onto the red pieces. Until next time, here's two pics

Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 3.04.03 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 3.04.58 AM.png

Ok, so I think this thread is long over due for an update. I have just recently finished puff painting all pieces, needless to say I'm pretty pleased with the outcomes. The only things to do now are the soles (which I need to get a new pair of, I over-estimated sizing) and a new pair of web-shooters. I've also sold my faceshell combos, I didn't really see any need in them until I had a full suit nor was I happy with them. I'm going to get McLean's new shell instead. Until the next update, here are some photos!

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 12.59.42 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.01.49 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.01.39 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.00.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.00.17 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.03.10 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.03.36 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.02.45 AM.png

Hello, everyone!

You're all probably excited or surprised to see that McLean Krieger has finally made a new version of his TASM suit. Luckily I was able to grab a print with the help of El Fett, whom I cannot thank enough. This print is much different to his previous versions, the overall design and layout are not the same as your standard Spider-Man suit file/print.

I will not be posting a heap of pictures of the print because McLean has specifically stated himself, on the actual print, not to take photos of the print laid out flat. I will post some pictures of puff paint detailing though. This is due to the fact that scammers can produce files with pictures of laid out print pictures but no where near as good quality as the original. I respect McLean and his hard work so the pictures I provide are the pictures I provide.

I intend to puff paint this print to increase the accuracy and overall look and feel of the suit. I'm not going to start quite yet, only until I figure a few more things out then everything will be underway. I have all the supplies I need for it be screen accurate. So far I have as follows:

McLean TASM faceshell
3D-Printed Web-shooters
Tulip puff paint

Even though I already have McLean's TASM faceshell, I ordered a brand new one from Brayan Alzate on Facebook. Personally, I think his faceshell and lenses are far more screen accurate than McLeans. But don't get me wrong, McLean's version is fantastic! My McLean faceshell has no jaw piece because the person I bought it off found it better to use if the jaw piece was attached with some elastic straps for mobility. Eventually I got rid of but still kept the piece, I'll probably attach it back on (without elastic) some time soon and possibly sell it. The new shell hasn't arrived yet but I'll be sure to make an update when it does.

Here's some pictures of the things I already have, excluding the puff paint (and other detailing bits)

View attachment 523136View attachment 523130View attachment 523105View attachment 523107

The web-shooters above aren't assemble as yet, but were just put together like so for the sake of the picture. If anyone has any suggestions for the red middle part feel free to let me know, except for cellophane. For anyone wondering, the little chips inside the web-shooters are off an old computer hard drive which I cut out with a pair of pliers.

Hello, I plan to make myself a TASM 1 suit, and I've seen many cosplayers with the suit made by McLean, but I can't find where to buy it. Where can I get the pattern?

Hello, everyone!

McLean TASM faceshell
3D-Printed Web-shooters
Tulip puff paint

View attachment 523136View attachment 523130View attachment 523105View attachment 523107

Hello, I plan to make myself a TASM 1 suit, and I've seen many cosplayers with the suit made by McLean, but I can't find where to buy it. Where can I get the pattern?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back