Mattel ThunderCats Figures

Vivek

Master Member
Re: Toys, Action Figures, Models, Collectibles

Mattel ThunderCats 6" Figures. Finally another wishlist becoming a reality.

CJk6znRUEAA1sat.jpg:large

11742822_1108957482465426_1262251232842221068_n.jpg

CJk7IjMUwAA1uCX.jpg:large

11705152_1108958169132024_237242387592097064_n.jpg

11705131_1108958155798692_2524640451873768115_n.jpg

CJk7MMcUEAAqZDU.jpg:large

CJk7V47UwAAdG-1.jpg:large

CJk7-ivUkAI7aMe.jpg:large

CJk8E1DUYAEyJUp.jpg:large

It's apparent that Mattel are using the MOTUC mold as the default body sculpt for the ThunderCats figures.

Jackalman shouldn't have so much muscles. Icon Heroes did the proper skinny look for him. Oh well, we can't help it. I am nitpicking at this point.

I will likely complain from time to time, but I will support the line by buying all the figures. And I hope all fans will do the same. We have waited long enough for this line and it should continue until all the major and secondary characters get their due in figure form.

Man, I hope they make a Mandora figure by next year.

Updated Lion-O sculpt pics.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7531047788/m/3541037788
From the Matty forum:

"Good day Thunderians!
Remember the Lion-O we showed at Comic Con this year? We loved him and you loved him too, but after hearing from the fans and doing a little thinking we decided to take a trip back to the sculpting table to make him a little more cartoon-esque."

Love the calm yet stern look that I always wanted, still not all cartoon accurate likeness but it's a great improvement. Digging the improved body skin tone too.

Mattel-Thundercats-Lion-O-Update-001.jpg

Mattel-Thundercats-Lion-O-Update-002.jpg

Mattel-Thundercats-Lion-O-Update-003.jpg

Mattel-Thundercats-Lion-O-Update-004.jpg

Club Third Earth Subscription Monthly Shipment Option
Subscription starts on January 11, 2016 Monday at 9:00 AM Pacific.

Here are the list of figures to be released this year.

Lion–O (07/16)
Jackalman (08/16)
Pumyra (09/16)
Club-exclusive: Mumm–Ra (09/16)
Panthro (10/16)
Grune (11/16)
Jaga (12/16)

Didn't expect them to go with Pumyra so early on, but I like the decision. I am in no hurry to have the core team right away, as I want to see this line continue for few years thus allowing us to have all the core and secondary characters.

Will place my subscription order on Monday right away and I hope all ThunderCats fans will do the same. This is what fans have been waiting for so many years and it's time to prove our support through out wallets.

Future of ThunderCats Toys And A Look Back
I wrote about wanting ThunderCats toys in my above long blog post in 2014. I am so glad we are getting these figures now.

I have now copied my previous posts from the general Toys thread to this dedicated TCats thread to display all photos in one place.

The only downside is Mattycollector isn't known for being able to keep a schedule when it comes to getting you items.

The only downside is Mattycollector isn't known for being able to keep a schedule when it comes to getting you items.

SNARF! lol

i think they look good though, and aren't they prepping to do a movie? i'll get Lion-O and Cheetara for sure

***edit... how dare i misspell her name!

Last edited:
I do agree they look really good, I'm surprised they didn't have a Cheetara ready yet. I think this is part of why the 2011 reboot got the ax despite very high ratings, they didn't want it around for when they could do a movie with the original style. It's like Robotech being dead in the water while they fuss with a live action movie that'll never happen.

The subscription sale got pushed, as that previous sale page link was discovered by someone and thus the word got out early. But there was no official announcement from Matty, as they were likely planning the sale for another date.

Instead of January 11, the date on the page got updated to TBD. Most were speculating it to be sometime in February, before Toy Fair.

But looks like the subscription starts from tomorrow (Jan 15) and will continue till Feb 26. Few big changes.

Figure prices are up by $5. It's now $30 for subscribers and $35 for regular sale.

Number of figures in 2016 have been cut down to 5 instead of 7. Grune and Jaga have been pushed for 2017.

There is now monthly option or single shipment option which will happen in Dec 2016.

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com...eID.29372800/productID.332598000#.VphIJVIqczv
Monthly Shipment Option

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com...eID.29372800/productID.332597900#.VphIRFIqczv
Single Shipment Option

They have sent the Newsletter now.

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/store/mattycol/DisplayHomeOffersPage#.VpkjXFIqczs
Mattel's 2016 ThunderCats Club Third Earth Subscription is Now Online. Choose Single or Monthly Shipment Option.

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com...eID.29372800/productID.332597900#.VpkjrVIqczs
Single Shipment

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com...eID.29372800/productID.332598000#.Vpkjr1Iqczs
Monthly Shipment

Been wanting these figures for almost 30 years now, as the classic figures were never sold here.

Got my Single Shipment Subscription completed. Shipping address was to my US parcel forwarding service in NY. Hence I had to pay $30 + $2.66 Tax, Total = $32.66

CYxuXOtUMAAKQqt.jpg:large

Last edited:
I was charged only for the subscription. But something is weird now. I tried to do another subscription and I got the whole list of figures totaling $168.79. With $18.79 shipping and $14.96 tax , grand total $183.75.

So are we supposed to be getting charged now for $30 or actually for $183.75?

Grrrrrrr....what's going on. They mentioned in the page that each month the credit card will be pre-authorized 5 days before each sale date, but would be charged only when the item ships.

I did the monthly and was charged $76.60. $30 for the club exclusive, $30 for the subscription, $11.59 S&H, $5.01 Tax.

I thought I was only going to get charged the $30 for the club figure. It's not a huge deal, but it was a bit annoying/perplexing.

That is indeed weird. Going through the FB comments on Matty's page many have been charged $70+ too. Matty shouldn't have charged shipping until the Mumm-Ra figure shipped. Also the subscription fee is actually the cost of Mumm-Ra figure (club exclusive) itself, they shouldn't be charging that separately.

Matty messed up. I guess the ones who chose single shipment are lucky. I wonder if there are others who chose monthly and were charged only $30.

That is indeed weird. Going through the FB comments on Matty's page many have been charged $70+ too. Matty shouldn't have charged shipping until the Mumm-Ra figure shipped. Also the subscription fee is actually the cost of Mumm-Ra figure (club exclusive) itself, they shouldn't be charging that separately.

Matty messed up. I guess the ones who chose single shipment are lucky. I wonder if there are others who chose monthly and were charged only $30.

This is my first Matty subscription so I just assumed I had misread something. Glad to know I'm not the only one with questions about this.

This is my first Matty subscription so I just assumed I had misread something. Glad to know I'm not the only one with questions about this.
Ok I checked with fans on the ThunderCats.org forum and the monthly buyers confirmed they were charged only $30+, but the total did display $70+.

The $76 total is $30 for the first month figure + shipping + $30 for the club exclusive figure. But the buyer is now only charged for the club exclusive figure + Tax.

So I think all are getting charged only $30+, but their display of total is bound to confuse buyers especially the first timers.

Ok I checked with fans on the ThunderCats.org forum and the monthly buyers confirmed they were charged only $30+, but the total did display $70+.

The $76 total is $30 for the first month figure + shipping + $30 for the club exclusive figure. But the buyer is now only charged for the club exclusive figure + Tax.

So I think all are getting charged only $30+, but their display of total is bound to confuse buyers especially the first timers.

Thanks. Appreciate you digging in on this. Also, this thread is the only reason I knew this subscription was happening so thanks for that as well. :)

I am glad to know that :). Despite Matty's confusing checkout system, I hope more fans will go for the subscription route.

I am glad to know that :). Despite Matty's confusing checkout system, I hope more fans will go for the subscription route.

I'm hopeful that enough subscribe that they complete the main line-up without leaving us hanging. As I researched this, I found that Matty has a history of leaving people high and dry if runs don't pull enough cash. At least in the main run we get the two most popular characters and the main baddie. Would love some Tygra and Cheetarah to round things out. I have an 18" Liono and Mumm-Ra keeping watch over my desk currently. Would love a whole set.

Yeah apparently Matty does little bit of fear mongering indicating that if the subscription quota is not met, the line won't continue. And somehow during the final days, the quota gets fulfilled and the figures are green lighted.

I think we will get the core team of good and evil characters by the end of 2017. But they have to spread it out by including secondary characters which fans also want.

I think Tygra and Cheetara will surely make it through next year. But going with Pumyra early on is a smart move, I hope to see Mandora in 2017 as well.

I have an 18" Liono and Mumm-Ra keeping watch over my desk currently. Would love a whole set.
Cool, I am guessing you mean the 14" Mezco figures. But Lion-O with extended sword in the air is indeed around 20"

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back