Mass Effect 2 N7 Armor Builds

Male Day 1: Chest assembled, cod almost finished, upper back base finished, rib strapping installed. The Black areas I simply sanded the pattern off.

dsc01853a.jpg

You know... considering I have my sewing table sitting on top of a full floor of this stuff...

I'm getting tempted to rip it all up and make some N7 armor!
Your build is fantastic... it's just... beautiful!

Maybe I missed it somewhere... what are you using to bond the foam pieces together?
The glue I've tried previously has issues with "separation" lol.

what kind of paint or ink do you use to color the armor details right now?

For the photos and to give myself an idea of how its going to look I just colored it in with a black sharpie. The final painting will be done with Createx Pro line airbrush paints.

Maybe I missed it somewhere... what are you using to bond the foam pieces together?
The glue I've tried previously has issues with "separation" lol.

I use hot glue. Just make sure that you have a foam to foam joints when gluing. (sand off any rubber backing if gluing together the skinned surfaces)

What kind of hot glue do you use? As some ive used dont hold anything together for very long !

I order all my glue (by the cases) from ADCO Plastic products in Dallas TX. They formulate and manufacture their own products on site. You can find them on Ebay under seller GluesticksDirect They have every color you can imagine, even florescent and glow in the dark hot glue. I tried the "economy" line once and its crap for molding so avoid that. I use the clear premium low temp for most work, its excellent quality, as well as most of the colored formulas of theirs I have tried.

Hot glue really is only good for porous and rough surfaces, anything smooth or non-porous I generally use E3000 or similar.

First off a tip for the hardware and strapping. If you go to the fabric stores you can find all the elastic, Velcro, Nylon strapping and hardware you need for costumes,... it's also going to cost you a good bit of money. Simple plastic eyelets and clips can cost $2 or $3 EACH, strapping $3 or $4 a yard, ect. What I do is go to the thrift stores and look for tote type bags which have the strapping and plastic hardware I need. For about $1 to $3 I can get several clips, eyes and a yard of strapping from each bag, which ends up being much cheaper.

dsc01858.jpg

Male Day 3: Making up some lost time, I got the lighting installed into the back pieces, attached the collar to the back base and added the shoulder strapping and collar clips.

dsc01859a.jpg

dsc01861a.jpg

Another few days and I should have the Male caught up with the Female progress. I decided it would be much easier to work on both suits at the same time rather than separately.

dsc01863a.jpg

genius! that thrift store bag idea is awesome.

question regarding your chest pieces, do you use heat to shape the pieces around the ribs to give them a slight curve, or do you leave that upto the tension of the straps to wrap the plates around the body?

I usually buy in bulk off ebay. a whole roll of webbing costs about £5 and the buckles will all be the same design.

Man this just became one of my favorite post. You are doing an awesome job. I wish I had your skills with making armor like this. I would love to make some for my son. Keep up the great work man. Will be watching the progress.

genius! that thrift store bag idea is awesome.

question regarding your chest pieces, do you use heat to shape the pieces around the ribs to give them a slight curve, or do you leave that upto the tension of the straps to wrap the plates around the body?

I heat shape everything, simple curves with a heat gun and my hands, complex or heavy curves I heat in the oven and stretch over a form.

Male Day 4: Back fully assembled, only need to install the light covers on the shoulder blades. Also added a layer to the bottom of the abdomen which still needs to be evened out, sanded and beveled. Tomorrow I should be able to at least knock out the shoulders and biceps.

Mass_Effect_2_N7_Armor_Day_4_by_Evil_FX.jpg

This build is thoroughly ridiculous in it's simplicity-to-awesome-accuracy ratio. It easily looks better than any other build i've seen of the N7, and yet it's all being done at breakneck speed largely by hand out of consumer products.

mind boggling.

Wow. This is absolutely astonishing work. I just finished Mass Effect 2 the other day, coincidentally.
I hope you make some of the weapons to go with it!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back