MARS ATTACKS! Halloween Costume 2016

devinsdrake

Hello! Thought I'd share the progress of my MARS ATTACKS! foot soldier costume I've been working on for the past couple of weeks. The head is about 80% finished. I have to papermache the bottom jaw and engineer a way to attach it and also make it move with mine (it'll probably be elastic and velcro), make the teeth and add the brain matter and then do finishing paint. I've ordered neoprene and a wetsuit pattern so that'll be next step. That'll be painted a jade(ish) color and then on to the back pack and chest armor and finally a pistol or rifle. Here are some progress photos from the past couple of weeks.

Aslo- if anyone has any other Mars Attacks costumes, I'd love to see them. Searches have yielded very little on the subject.

Does anyone know if the RPF is hosting a Halloween contest this year? I've only seen last years thread.

Cheers

IMG_1336.JPGIMG_1341.JPGIMG_1470.JPGIMG_1496.JPGIMG_1504.JPGIMG_1577.JPGIMG_1602.JPGIMG_1616.JPG

This is so awesome! I love to see rare costumes and props developed. It really looks great. Awaiting more pictures. Copy.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate it! I'm really surprised there aren't more costumes considering it's been around since the 1950s.

That is amazing. My daughter and I have talked about doing this costume but couldn't figure out how to docs good helmet. Where are you going to be looking out of?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back