Making of ERASERHEAD BABY !

batgremlin

Here are some pics of the making of my eraserhead baby replica! I never saw another one and I really thought a good repro was needed for him. Don't hesitate to give your feedback!

Eraserhead was on the other night... man, what a freakin' WIERD movie and that "baby" gives me the creeps every time! :lol

Great looking repro! It looks spot on! *shiver*

-B89! :D

Good Lord that brings back memories. A friend and I rented that in high school, we just sat pie eyed watching the whole thing and then afterward just looked at each other and said "what the hell was that about" <LOL> strange strange movie.

EEK!

Eraserhead is a great film, and so is your replica!

I always wondered how Lynch made the baby.

Was the rumor that it was a dead calf?

This is fantastic! The head looks great so far! You really should offer these, maybe make rubber castings or something from your master. I know I would buy one!

I read a strange interview with Lynch where he just wouldn't talk about how they made the baby OR why he wouldn't talk about it. Here is a similar interview:

Question: Did you make that thing?

David Lynch: That I . . . I don't . . . I . . . Stephen, I don't wanna, uh . . . talk about that.

Can you just tell me if it's a . . . sculpture? It's so well done. Someone I saw it with thought that it might be a calf fetus.

That's what a lot of people think it is.

I thought it was made, but couldn't figure out how you got it to move. Was it battery-operated?

I really don't . . .

You credit a doctor in the film. I s that related?

Well, I was looking into different ways, you know, in the beginning...

And?

If I say, I'll really feel bad.

Is it because you'd be giving away a technical secret, or because you'd be arrested?

You know, there's no promotional photos of the baby because people, like, uh...you know... it's like, nice to discover along in the film and not to know, like...much about it.

You say all the sounds are organic. Do you use the sound of a real baby crying?

No.

Then what is it? Or won't you tell that either?

I'm sorry, Stephen. Doggone it, you know, I'm not trying to, you know... It's just the baby stuff, I....

[SIZE=-1]– END – [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this while researching Eraserhead, I think the only Lynch film that has not seen a german dvd release :\

Seems like someone on yourprops.com has a replica.http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=22917

norm-4910484c56cf7-Eraserhead+(1977).jpeg

Last edited:
I never heard of this movie and went to Youtube and found some clips of it. This is one messed up movie! They said the script was only 22 pages long!

It's the original Mutant Ninja Turtle! :cry

On the one hand, cool. On the other hand, I don't think I could stand having that thing around the house. :lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back