Mad Max 4: Fury Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to what was posted above...
(from CBR)
According to The Hollywood Reporter, actors Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron are in talks to star in the "Mad Max: sequel. Their names were first bandied about last week when "Mad Max 4" press appeared to go into overdrive. Hardy will play Max Rockatansky, who I shouldn't have to give any background about other than to say he's mad and drives a *****in' ride. Theron's character is currently known only as "the female lead." Despite reports going back decades of this film occuring between the second and third pictures, THR states the film will be set after "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome."

I've only seen glimpses of Mad Max and I think I've seen most of Mad Max 2. I've seen all of Thuderdome, though, as I was older and it was on cable a lot.

In Thunderdome, the world appeared to be very post-apocolyptic, post-nuclear war even. But in the Wiki entry for Mad Max, it describes Max's police force, a hospital, taking a vaction at "the shore"...not exactly post-nuclear war sounding. So I'm confused about what calamity has befallen the world.

Scott

They are showing all three films tomorrow starting at 3:30 on ame (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

I would have loved to see Gibson come back and do another one - his age would only add to the character's toughness - give him a patch over his eye and an old ugly mutt again (like he had in 2) and I'm there.

I would have loved to see Gibson come back and do another one - his age would only add to the character's toughness - give him a patch over his eye and an old ugly mutt again (like he had in 2) and I'm there.

snake_plissken_escape_from_new_york.jpg

Isn't Mel in some upcoming bad a$$ revenge flick or other? seems I saw an ad, and he didn't look too old to be Max, imo.

He isn't that old.

I mean, he's still chasing beaver!

mel_gibson_beaver.jpg

I'm surprised that Sam Worthington didn't get this role... he seems to be in everything else!

Slight derail: All this post apocalyptic talk has made me think about a book I read a long time ago. People in Australia were like the only survivors in the world and the nuclear cloud or whatever was slowly headed in their direction. The guys would have death races because they knew they were doomed anyway. I think some other guys went down in a submarine as their way to die. Anybody know what book I'm talking about?

Nevermind, think I answered my own question. lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Beach_(novel)

Re: tom hardy as mad max!!!

I still hold scepticism about this film. I am a decicated fan of the original series.

That IS awesome news. But it's over a year old. :lol And Tom's not answering ANY questions anymore about playing Max. So I don't know if he is still on the project officially. We'll see how it turns out.

I DO hope this movie gets made, and that WETA workshop is involved!

i did not know that. hopefully he is still on.

lawrie, i am a big fan of the originals myself, i would love to see mel as max again, like the the last stand of madmax or something, but i will take what i can get.

Re: tom hardy as mad max!!! sorry old news.......move along...

According to IMDB Hardy is still attached to this project. It's expected in 2012.

No CG car crashes please.

Re: tom hardy as mad max!!! sorry old news.......move along...

No thanks. I don't need another hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back