Luke's Belt from ANH detail Question

Alright here are the pictures I promised. Sorry it took so long to get these up. As you can see the rivet post fits perfectly into the back of the snap head cap. Once you sandwich the leather between the two and tap the rivet in with a hammer (using a snap post setter which maintains the dome shape of the snap head) you get a nice secure, and good looking cap to hold your belt buckle to the leather strap of your belt.

DSC04282.jpg
DSC04283.jpg
DSC04285.jpg
DSC04290.jpg
DSC04288.jpg
DSC04287.jpg

Thanks Dude!!! Finally tried out my ANH at WWE Philly for my first draft. came out well. I will start a thread once I have the access to do so. Thanks again for the pics.

G-man

hi everyone, 1st post!

just started to put together my own belt and found these sites that answer the question on where the triangular pouch originated

Pouches (rifle ammunition), Dutch | Imperial War Museums
Pouches (rifle ammunition), Dutch | Imperial War Museums

scroll half way down for some good detailed pics on this one

dutch militaria - Pubo Schirmmützen

also one place that sells their own replica version

Allied Clothing :: The-Bunker.com

still haven't managed to get one yet but this helps when looking

******* ag.... EXCELLENT FINDS!

Also, to add to my posts regarding the snap caps for the belt buckle, I found that Tandy Leather's Eco Flo Bison Brown Leather Dye matches the brown color perfectly! The Snap caps I used were Dritz Heavy Duty Snaps in Brown.

Wow,

First time I actually saw a picture of the that posted anywhere. Must agree this is a great find. Great research.

G-man

I forgot that I took this picture a while back. This is just the complete belt. No pouches, no d-ring or saber hooks. But it should give you an idea of what the Bison Brown dye looks like with the Dritz brown snaps.

ClintsANHb_zps68378b4e.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back