Limited Run Luke / Vader ANH shared stunt saber kit

Hello there,
making progress on the knurled caps. Very tough part to do, but little by little, It's moving forward.
At some point, I had hoped those would be ready for May the 4th and it's certainly not going to happen. Please don't spend all your money on the big shops that day, my sabers are coming in the near future too :) :)
cheers all
IMG_20240502_175129.jpg

Hey there,
A customer just asked me a good question as he wanted to take advantage of May the 4th to organize, how many grips and which size for this saber:
7 grips, between 9.2 and 9.4cm depending on the grip. one is very short/offseted.
Hope this helps :)
cheers

Hi, just a quick update,
We lost internet tonight for some reason. Fixing internet here can be very troublesome, so I have no idea how that will work. For info we have an appointment with a technician on the 14th, so it's already a while.

In the meantime, I will use the 4g connection from my father in law, so communication will be a bit slower in the meantime.

Progress on the run is good, I'll post photos and details as soon as possible, but I'm working on it.

Cheers

hey guys,
here is a relatively big update,

All of the small parts for the run are done, "just" the main body tubes to finish now.

Knurled back caps are all done, that was quite a workout! but they turned out nice, so I'm happy I managed to do such a difficult part:
IMG_20240513_181804.jpg

all the other parts, cores, motor couplers, "static" cores with rods, motor spacers, rods for the motorized versions:
IMG_20240513_181743.jpg

those are spacers to center the motors inside the main tubes. The idea was to go as quick and cheap as possible, so I started with a 35x5mm tube that was close to the spec we needed. The exterior was turned down slightly to fit the tubes, the inside is very slightly too large for the motors, so a bit of tape will be necessary, basically like they did for the screen-used saber:
IMG_20240513_181748.jpg

small jig made to turn the outside of the short tubes:
IMG_20240510_115448.jpg

those are core/rods assembly for a "static" version i'll offer as well. it is built around two cores with two ball bearings to attach at the same position as the motor spacer would be attached under the clamp, mimic the weight of the motor and have a free spinning stainless steel rod at the emiter.
This will be a low number option and all the parts will come assembled already. Just needing the red button, glass eye, clamp and grips.
IMG_20240513_181752.jpg

The final numbers for the run will be like this normally:
21x assembled motorized sabers: price to be determined (160-200€...)
9x static assembled sabers: should be around 99€
13x motor ready kits (base kit with extra parts): should be around 95€ (depending on extra parts)
20x base kits: 75€
I'm keeping the base kit as is but am wondering if the stainless steel rod shouldn't be added to all versions (5€). But I don't want people to feel forced into buying more than what I first offered during the interest request.

I'm making several options available on top of the initial 75€ base kit offering to try to fill the need of each kind of builder/collector, and have tried to remain very affordable for all the versions, I hope everyone will find what they need when the release happen.

next update will be for the last part, the body tubes. Pretty difficult part, lots of cool processes and jigs for this one!
cheers all

It almost doesn't seem fair that a fully motorized build is in that price range! What an incredible run!
I was just discussing with a customer about this. I can include an option for people that want to pay more for it I guess :lol:

I don't know, I still need to adjust the price a bit before the release, but I don't expect it will go over that 200€ limit.

Like I said, I worked hard to make this run affordable for everyone and I know previous runs have been much more expensive. This one is done pretty much like they did it for the film, the base offerings will be kits, they are hand made, the aluminium tubes are pretty raw, probably like the original. People will have to accept this. This is not an idealized CNC run.

Additionaly, I have been warned very seriously that the motors are also extremely fragile and that my sabers should come with a disclamer that they are not waranted and are very likely to break at some point and the motor need replacing. So people will need to accept that as well. But yes, i'm trying my best to offer the best parts possible and I try hard to be as fair as possible :)
This is a simpler looking saber, it's only fair it will be a fair price as well and a good entry point for people that are interested in my work :)

cheers all :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back