Looking to buy a Deckard Trenchcoat, need advice

RobWolf

Hey guys, I just landed a new job, I start next month and I'm going to be financially better off so I'm going to finally be able to afford a Deckard Trenchcoat.

Now there's the AbbyShot, which I hear mixed reviews about, and I see Magnoli are doing one now too. I also did some backtracking on here and I see that a member called 'Rachel' used to custom make them; now I see that hers were highly regarded but the threads aren't very recent; I found a link to her Myspace and also a dead link to her website, funksimile.com.

Basically, I'm wanting to know which is the one to go for, and if possible I would like to get in touch with 'Rachel' to see if she still makes the coats and how much it would cost.

I can tell you I love my Abbyshot, and wear it every time it rains in San Francisco. Half the time, I go to Chinatown and walk around, just for verisimilitude. :)

That coat isnt too bad for the price, totally got the collar wrong though.
I have one of Rachaels coats and they are flawless. Havnt heard from her for a long time but a member here, Mutant Enemy,
might be able to contact her for you.
Tim

Baron Boutique does one...although the pictures of it are just surreal. I've heard good things about their suits, but the Deckard coat and the 7th Doctor jackets look so bad in the images i can't believe they're anything other than prototypes.

Looks like the Abbeyshot and Indy's version come in at high $400's. Would be interested in finding one that was maybe $100-$150 cheaper than this.

I saw the costumebase one, I considered getting one as a stopgap but I figured I may as just wait a bit and pay for one of the decent ones.

Baron Boutique's looks truly awfu and in fact the worst I've seen, the Costumebase looks better than it in fact, however their 7th Doctor jacket is apparently rather good according to 7 cosplayers...I'm putting together McCoy's outfit myself so I may end up getting one.

I got the feeling from the old threads that Rachel's blows AbbyShot and Magnoli out of the water, I'd like to get in touch with her but only when I have the money there and ready and I can say "Right, money's there, please make me one!" As I said I have the new job but don't actually start until teh beginning of October.

Mr Webber, to give me a rough idea of pricing are you in a position to be able to tell me, privately if you like, how much Rachel's coat cost you?

Also wondering if there is anything out there in the shops for the Fall/Winter that is evocative of the Deckard trench. I've never owned a trenchcoat and quite fancy getting one.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back