Looking for materials in Australia

Rinzler

Just checking in with Aussie members for products such as Smooth-Cast or equivalents, been looking around but prices are a little much, plus am curious about how much silicone would be needed to mold a helmet. (Uni is nearly finished for the year and I may have time to finish a couple of projects I have been sitting on for months)

Unfortunately I don't think there is anywhere overly cheap in Aus to get smooth-on based products. Only place i've ever found has been rowetrading.com. And no idea about how much you'd need for a mold.

Yeah I'm looking at their site right now, just so sick of the prices for materials down here compared to overseas :( I've got a Tron Evolution Anon Helmet I've nearly finished, a Tron Legacy Disc Wars helmet I pepped and am bondo'n over the weekend and a CLU helmet I have resined as well. Plan is to finish them, make some casts and make some lighter plastic ones.

hey im from australia as well... ive had the same difficulty and ive been searching around for 2weeks trying to find an alternative to smooth cast and other material... the closets ive come to it is the polyurethane resins made by barnes ... they have trial packages if u want to test them out

I'm about to try mold a child sized helmet using Barnes' Clone FX. Cost me about $60/kg (I got 2) In the end I didn't bother seeing if it was expensive as I was prepared to pay that much pair that with with the customer service I received and will continue to receive (kirkside)
I have found a smooth-on supplier where I am (Perth) but I didn't bother pricing it up when the company confirmed they had cheaper alternatives (fibreglass & resin sales)

I found two companies close to me by Googling mold supplies and resins etc. One of which happened to be about 5 minutes away from where I live so the sheer convenience is great.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back