Looking for LOTR Ringwraith reference pics

Gearman

I wanted to see if anyone had any reference pictures of the Ringwraiths costume layers. There is also a clip on the DVD that shows a rider version with the cowl off with a padded hump or down and bunched up, its to hard to tell. Reference for the outer layer while they are fully dressed is easy but not much on how they are constructed.

Here are the only two I have found that are attributed to the movie.. Thanks for any help or leads!

half dressed.jpgfull dress.jpg

This is a costume that's been on my back-burner to do for a while, so I'm interested, too.

Now that I've gained too much weight to currently pull off a good Snape (curse those snack cakes and Butterbeer), I'm thinking about moving over to this costume (since it has all those fat-hiding layers, lol). I've already purchased a Ringwraith sword (a UC knock-off), black undergarments, boots, and have been gathering patterns to make the armor and gauntlets; the head/hood suspension is the only thing I'm not clear on (although I have some sketches and ideas), as well as the robe layering.

I've got a lot of collected reference stuff on these guys, so let me look and see if I have anything about the layering process, that will help along those lines. I know there has been reference made to at least 7 to 9 yards of fabric being used per movie costume, and that's a lot of cloth to deal with. ;)

Rob

(S'up, Jodo! Long time, no hear, bro....glad to see you're still here! :D)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back