Lifesize ED-209 Build. NOW WITH EVEN MORE ED on p.23!!!

Even Phil Tippett's jaw is dropping ;)

Funny thing: after we'd stopped in at the Make HQ to get some pics of the two of them side-by-side, I pulled up Tippett Studios on Google maps. Turns out the original prop was about four blocks away. So for a couple of hours, all three were very close together on the east side of San Francisco Bay. So that's cool.

2nd ED is now stationed in a much more appropriate (albeit classified) location:

I'm sure I'll be revisiting this project at some point in the near future. Stay tuned...

How awesome!!! Just wonderful to see a great maker doing a great build! Fantastic!!

I'm a huge fan of Make Magazine, and a subscriber. I learned about them through my Techshop membership, and this thread is like watching a surprise crossover episode of your two favorite shows. :)

Funny thing: after we'd stopped in at the Make HQ to get some pics of the two of them side-by-side, I pulled up Tippett Studios on Google maps. Turns out the original prop was about four blocks away. So for a couple of hours, all three were very close together on the east side of San Francisco Bay. So that's cool.

2nd ED is now stationed in a much more appropriate (albeit classified) location:
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3949/15529258809_07fc9e16f9_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7487/15529260619_f0d05697eb_c.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5604/15529708358_a87864fe01_c.jpg

I'm sure I'll be revisiting this project at some point in the near future. Stay tuned...

So which was better, yours or the original? I have a pretty good idea, just wanted to see your opinion.

So which was better, yours or the original? I have a pretty good idea, just wanted to see your opinion.

I still haven't seen the original in person, so all I can say is this: if you line them all up and they're not identical, two out of three will look just like mine.

For a visit to Tippet Studios (with your ED) or building a 3rd one?

Mostly I was thinking it'd be a good idea to retrofit the first one with some of the improvements I've come up with while making the 2nd one. Then revisiting the animatronic plan. There's a lot of room for improvement there.

I still haven't seen the original in person, so all I can say is this: if you line them all up and they're not identical, two out of three will look just like mine.

Mostly I was thinking it'd be a good idea to retrofit the first one with some of the improvements I've come up with while making the 2nd one. Then revisiting the animatronic plan. There's a lot of room for improvement there.

I am subscribed :) and look forward to any updates.

That is just mind blowing to see two ED-209s in the same room full scale. I would just sit here for hours staring at the awesomeness!
The secret second location looks like a great place for a photoshoot.

Greatest thing I've seen in the last few years!. If I ever get married in the States, I'll rent one to have standing at the door of the Church to greet guests! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back