Last of Us Clicker Face Mask

@The Schlitzie
Thanks for the reference photo! That looks really close to my sculpture!

In other news, life (specifically my 2.75 year-old son) have preoccupying a lot of my time, so I haven't been able to put in the finishing work that I'd hoped to. I did get in a couple of hours of sculpting last night and finished laying in the tendrils on the back and started smoothing them:
IMG_7000.jpg

how are you seeing out? i built a one off from covered styrene, but as it was going to be for a con i had to leave one eye and mouth uncovered, sortof 'early infestation' i guess..

sculpt looks fantastic!

Thanks! BrazenBell- Both of the eyes are uncovered. Vision will be a little obstructed, but hopefully not too bad. Depending on how it looks after it's done, I may cover the eye holes with a dark mesh.

In other news, still haven't molded it... Hopefully start this week!

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks fantastic! My friends and I did some clicker masks for ayacon 2013 but they were a bit of a rush job.

Looked ok in the end and the clicker sound effects we all had playing really added to it.

We had mesh covered eye holes. Managed to hide them pretty well although vision was a little iffy for a couple of them.

uploadfromtaptalk1398043031024.jpg

Thanks. We did have a few screamers! Unfortunately, we also had a couple of overly enthusiastic Joel cosplayers who would sneak up behind us without warning and perform a strong chokehold. Not the best when vision is limited.

Our masks can't really measure up to your sculpt, which is incredible.

Thanks. We did have a few screamers! Unfortunately, we also had a couple of overly enthusiastic Joel cosplayers who would sneak up behind us without warning and perform a strong chokehold. Not the best when vision is limited.

Our masks can't really measure up to your sculpt, which is incredible.

That sucks about the people choke-holding you :/
I haven't been tackled at a convention in a while *knocks on wood*

IMG_7048.jpgIMG_7049.jpg
Started molding the mask. It's going to be a 2-part mold with inner silicone pieces and a plasti-paste outer mold, plus the head core. The straws are to allow the expanding form which I am using to cast it a place to expand to and (hopefully!) prevent air pockets.

First time doing a mold this complicated and I'm kinda winging it! *fingers crossed*

BrazenBell the mesh works if it's not too large a hole, since camera flashes will reveal your eyes. We managed to disguise most of our eyeholes by making them as small as possible and hiding them in the cracks and crevices of the masks.

Last edited by a moderator:
INcredible! Damnit makes me wanna play it again.

Rens this turned out amazing. The paint job really makes it pop. Now lets see it on someone. :D

Thanks guys!
Hopefully the person I made the mask for will send me pictures of it being worn. Otherwise I suppose I'll have to break out the makeup and do a mini photoshoot :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back