Knight Rider

You know that this MPC version with the golden opportunity explosion bubble was the most accurate version with the correct fender vents? All others later are lacking the fender vents due to retooling…

The closest I got to owning the K.I.T.T. was the mpc plastic model.
View attachment 179722View attachment 179723View attachment 179724
All I have left is the box.

Wolf

I know how you feel. But I'm pretty happy with my White Whale. :D

finally-my-white-whale-how-i-found-toy-my-childhood-i-looking-1.jpg-51578d1303778762

There is an interesting iphone app called K.I.T.T. That sells for 99 cents. My phone links to my car via bluetooth, and the voice of William Daniels will respond to spoken questions through my speakers. Turn the phone sideways and it plays the theme from the show. It works even if i dont link it to my car.

Some of those MPC Knight Rider kits were better than others. MPC (and later AMT when they acquired the molds, calling the company "MPC/Ertl") were still making the stock Firebird for the normal annual car model kit line and really altered what was on the body as years progressed. There are some early MPC/Ertl kits that have bodies that still have the side vents, but the final body they did for the model kit was quite different during the final year or two they offered it. Plus, if anyone is looking for a kit of the Knightrider 2000 KITT 4000 car, the original release is the best one since it has the proper wheels. It appears when it got reissued, the early wheel molds were missing. So they replaced them with ones from a Corvette.

There is an interesting iphone app called K.I.T.T. That sells for 99 cents. My phone links to my car via bluetooth, and the voice of William Daniels will respond to spoken questions through my speakers. Turn the phone sideways and it plays the theme from the show. It works even if i dont link it to my car.

That sounds awesome! If my car was that "fancy" and I had the money I would try this, sounds like fun really, to be like Micheal Knight and K.I.T.T

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back