Jayne T-Shirts

the movie version of the smoking shirt looks airbrushed to me. anyone else think so?

I think it was intended to appearlike a somewhat sloppily-done stencil job, with stray spray marks going off the edges...airbrush is probably a good guess.

bringing this back from the dead... i'm finally getting warmer on my quest to make the "let's be bad guys" shirt:

normal__MG_2122.jpg

i used computer iron on paper, and pulled it off a bit early to try to distress the images a bit more. not 100% what i wanted, but real real close. if not for my stupid ironing board, i'd have had it (the pad for the ironing board got trashed, and i forgot. so the little circles where it's lighter are because of the little holes in the top of the board. grr.... oh, and the spacing isn't quite right.

that said, it still might do the job for dragoncon once i get it dirtied up.

i think that the next light blue ringer i pick up will be my final version. i've been getting them off ebay for a couple bucks a pop.

the people were done by tracing the propstore.com picture then enlarging, cleaning up, etc... i'm not as good with vector as i am raster, so they are just high res photoshop files.

the writing was taken from
http://fireflychinese.kevinsullivansite.net/

i enlarged the GIF a LOT then did the same manual cleanup of the letters.

the artwork is by no means perfect, but if anyone wants it, feel free. WARNING: this jpeg is HUGE (2550 x 3000)

http://stormtrooperguy.com/jayne/letsbebadguys01.jpg

it's about time i did something to contribute, rather than just leeching off of others :)

i should mention that the graphics have the "signature" weathering built in... the wear that is identical on all 3 pictures. theoretically, this could be done in a nice neat way for a regular wear type shirt, though the computer iron ons tend to wear out pretty fast.

Bumping this old thread up like the noob I am....But is there anyone in the 'Verse making Jayne shirts still? I know SSdesigners was offering some, but is there anyone that stocks them regularly? I've lost about 20 LBS sence last summer, and I need some smaller shirts. So I thought some Jayne shirts ought to do the job. :love

(I've got the graphics for a few of 'em, but being totaly honest, I'm afraid to do anything with them. :lol

I've been talking to my friend about getting the design for the Soldier shirt going, which I planned to do a long time ago. Possibly Fighting Elves too since I have the art all set for them.

Hey Doc,

We've been talking to the same people! I'm trying to get the Ladybug off the ground. There is a plethora of Jayne shirts and it seems they are very popular. There should be no problem selling them.

Wes

The one in the original post labelled "chinese chracter" uses the Chinese/Japanese ideogram for Courage or Soldier, depending on what source you use, which is ironic because Jayne said he never fought in the war.

Seems like it'd be farily easy to whip up in Illustrator...

I'm just getting into Firefly too, so I'm excited to see that reproductions of some of these shirts are in the works! :)

Yes im a collector of Jaynes shirts too, I have 3 from that series, pinup, bluesun, fruity oatie bar.
So lets start a new run of silk screened shirts starting with the first one from the series.
So whos up for the challenge????

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back