Jaeger Pilot suit - Pacific Rim

Any chance you can post .PDF files of these, Edoardo? (or at least when someone with a Pep and/or 3D modeling program can assist) I'm on a Mac, otherwise I'd help with converting these. :(

Kind regards,
Craig

Last edited:
Any chance you can post .PDF files of these, Edoardo? I'm on a Mac, so I have no options with any Pep-type programs here. :(

Kind regards,
Craig
Now those are only tests, cause i've very short time for working at. And i've only unfolded the fit-test with low poly, those two i've posted i have to unfold this week or if someone wanna do for me ... :D

Another fact i'm considering is the right material for create it, i'vent really the time for resin, fiber, body filler, sand it...body filler, sand it...etc... and i need a hint, anyone think i can build all the parts in eva foam? Or will be too much tricky?
(sorry for my very very very bad english lol )

EVA Foam should work for this - you do get the thickness, and the stability... but it might take a while to get an appropriate plastic coating on there before you can apply the carbon-fiber effect paintjob. The movie suits were smooth and glossy - that's gonna take a rotocasting resin being applied to the foam (aka the xrobots method) or something similar to get that smoothness.

I'm seeing whether I can get the hang of this unfolding thing... for foam... it's not going too well with the chest piece, but this is my first attempt =) In a related note, I can't open the .obj for the back-armor panel in Pepakura Designer 3 - comes up with this :
944b8ceb9a84b0af2e6c474fd50518fc.png
I don't think this is me - as I can open the chest-panel just fine.

Edoardo, to go back to an earlier post regarding bondo. The material you seem to want is a mixture of Auto Body Filler and liquid fiberglass resin. You may want to look up tutorials on Rondo (resin + bondo) for mix ratios and curing times. I hope this information helps you with the fantastic project you are working on. Good luck.

For Rondo, it really depends on how thick/thin you want your rondo to be. Curing times just depends on how much activator you use to increase/decrease curing time. If you "kick" it fast just remember you have a much better chance of warping what you're working on..

Edoardo, to go back to an earlier post regarding bondo. The material you seem to want is a mixture of Auto Body Filler and liquid fiberglass resin. You may want to look up tutorials on Rondo (resin + bondo) for mix ratios and curing times. I hope this information helps you with the fantastic project you are working on. Good luck.

For Rondo, it really depends on how thick/thin you want your rondo to be. Curing times just depends on how much activator you use to increase/decrease curing time. If you "kick" it fast just remember you have a much better chance of warping what you're working on..
Thank you a lot for those information about Rondo! I'll sure try it!
Now guys im modeling the bracer, but i think is a bit complicated do a low poly with it for pepakura, most of the pieces i've done need late detailing.

I'd love to help out. I want the matching suits for my husband and me. I'm very familiar with Maya and could help out with the modeling if you want. Though I am trying to decide what path to take with the materials. I've never actually done anything like this. So yeah WAY out of my depth but I think I can handle it. I'm debating between the pepakura/fiber glass or worbla. If I go the worbla route I'll just make a body double and make patterns off of it. Trying to research how expensive either way would be. Time I'm not so concerned with.

I'd love to help out. I want the matching suits for my husband and me. I'm very familiar with Maya and could help out with the modeling if you want. Though I am trying to decide what path to take with the materials. I've never actually done anything like this. So yeah WAY out of my depth but I think I can handle it. I'm debating between the pepakura/fiber glass or worbla. If I go the worbla route I'll just make a body double and make patterns off of it. Trying to research how expensive either way would be. Time I'm not so concerned with.
Im so confused too. But i think i'll do a fast version in eva foam (some parts thermoformed) and then in future an exact replica.
In same ways need a help to model it :D
Let's talk in private!

I've been contemplating building a helmet for a while now, and started to draw up plans for it last night. I plan on starting to work on it soon, so I guess I have that to contribute to this project. I know for sure I'm going to do the leds, and I'm working on a way to do the double visor fluid effect, but that may not happen.

Sent you a pm. Sorry if it sent the message twice :p

- - - Updated - - -

I've been contemplating building a helmet for a while now, and started to draw up plans for it last night. I plan on starting to work on it soon, so I guess I have that to contribute to this project. I know for sure I'm going to do the leds, and I'm working on a way to do the double visor fluid effect, but that may not happen.

That's ambitious! Would be awesome to see.

That's ambitious! Would be awesome to see.

Its one of those things that I know I can do in theory, but actually doing it is going to be the complicated part. I guess that's most things though? I'll be sure to post pictures when I start working on it.

i've watched the video days ago, for the under suit i would probably use a simple zentai or any elastic black suit (also in two parts, is not a problem).
Another fact i'm considering is the right material for create it, i'vent really the time for resin, fiber, body filler, sand it...body filler, sand it...etc... and i need a hint, anyone think i can build all the parts in eva foam? Or will be too much tricky?
(sorry for my very very very bad english lol )

I actually am an complete amateur at this armor building, but fell in love with the whole armor outfit when I first seen it and instantly got to work 2 days after movie came out. I am using Eva Foam and it isn't all that hard to work with just alot of sanding and drimmel work is required.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back