Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! V2 files coming soon!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot (IM3) Pepakura Files! Links in first post! Bicep ad

Wow..:eek: now tats bad ass.. Tat bits of wm m mk 1 and 2

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it's a hybrid, he made it look good though. A lot of detail.

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot (IM3) Pepakura Files! Links in first post! Bicep ad

That is really cool, but i think the cannon mount is wrong. I think it runs on the track below... GM

It does lol. He modified war machine's to make it work. Actual IP cannon arm (98% sure) runs on that track, and has 5 axis movements. That's what I've been giving myself a headache over the last two weeks :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

iron_patriot_w_i_p__by_sgthk-d5nj0yt.jpg

This guys interpretation render on deviant art with War Machine influences:

Browsing deviantART

SICK!:sick

Laellee- Thanks for the link of the Japanese IM3 trailer! The shot of IP at the end looked like a different angle of him walking, but also showed nothing new :(. And that model is pretty cool! Too bad its not movie accurate to work off of :cry

Joker53- Thanks for the picture! I have that picture too but the enhanced version helps a bit :) but the original is too blurry to make out the small details in the forearm and doesnt show too much of the back of it. See the silver part in the back with the raised/separated edges? That and the very back of the forearm are the only parts i cant figure out enough to model
View attachment 131174

Bacster7- Even though i cant make out specific details, but i can definately tell they are not the same as the mark 6 boots. Looking at the few pics of the boots that are out there (Joker53's pic above is one) they look a little bit like a mixture between the Mk 6/Mk 7 boots

Good news everyone! Shoulder is finally finished!
View attachment 131173
It has been sent to IronLeoMan for unfolding! The shoulder has been modeled in 3 separate parts: the outer covering bell, and 2 inner bells that are meant to pivot on each other, for functionality (also fairly movie accurate :)). If you intend on them pivoting, youll have to find a way to hinge the two on the inside. If you want them stationary, you can just glue/fiberglass them together, since the outiside covering bell will cover up anything that does not look "appealing" on the inside seam line :)

Last edited:

Shoulders! SWEET

That shoulder will be a nice addition to the file set. Great work as always.

A little update on Laellee's cannon I have been working on.
18737-costume-progress-017.jpg

Finally got all the major parts cut.
and a few mockups
18738-costume-progress-018.jpg

18739-costume-progress-019.jpg

18740-costume-progress-020.jpg

18741-costume-progress-021.jpg

18742-costume-progress-022.jpg

Laellee love the servo idea and may implement it in this one as the total weight is under a pound so far once I coat it with resin it should still be under a couple pounds.

Jackieisrockin thank you again for allowing me to post these in here. And great job on the models. I can't wait to start this build but I promised my wife no more builds until after the holidays are over.
The cannon doesn't count as it is just playing in the garage on my machine. I plan on trying Mrclaybo's method as we use the same tools for our machines so the build should go very quickly that way.
http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-mark-7-foam-cnc-169043/
there is his thread if your interested in checking it out.
Thank you again guys.

and a few mockups

Laellee love the servo idea and may implement it in this one as the total weight is under a pound so far once I coat it with resin it should still be under a couple pounds.

Jackieisrockin thank you again for allowing me to post these in here. And great job on the models. I can't wait to start this build but I promised my wife no more builds until after the holidays are over.
The cannon doesn't count as it is just playing in the garage on my machine. I plan on trying Mrclaybo's method as we use the same tools for our machines so the build should go very quickly that way.
Thank you again guys.

I think im going to lose my mind because i dont have a CNC :cry:cry:cry. Man good job with that thats too cool

Thank you. Yea machines are nice but building by hand is very rewarding as well.

and a few mockups

Thank you again guys.

Looks amazing! I'm working on the next version base and arm as we speak, hopefully have some images worth putting up in a day or three. I think I mentioned this before, but the actual cannon shouldn't change at all, just the arm assembly. I look forward to seeing the suit started!

Looks amazing! I'm working on the next version base and arm as we speak, hopefully have some images worth putting up in a day or three. I think I mentioned this before, but the actual cannon shouldn't change at all, just the arm assembly. I look forward to seeing the suit started!

Agreed 100% :)

Thanks to the great and very fast unfolding of IronLeoMAnan, the shoulder link has been added to the first post!

The main problem I see is a pivot for the weapon itself I am adding one here.
18743-costume-progress-023.jpg

wont even be able to tell it wasn't there

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot(IM3) Pepakura Files! Links in first post! Shouler a

Wow that was amazingly fast!!!
cudos to IronLeoMAnan

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot(IM3) Pepakura Files! Links in first post! Shouler a

Yep That was one of my concerns. The new base and arm take into account that as the weapon comes up to firing position, the base travels up the track while rotating slightly to allow the cannon to come up over the shoulder cleanly and avoid the head. the arm corrects this rotation so the cannon stays level. Fun stuff.

spydwar you know a place that would beable to make 3d print of the file just wondering

IF you get the permission to 3D print this, you can try Shapeways, but you'll have to break it into several pieces to reduce costs.
By the way, thanks for the file, they are really awesome ! Wasn't planning to do a WM/IP but I fell in love with Projectearth7's latest masterpiece, and I thought it deserves a proper display : your WM/IP armour. Keep up the good work !

Quovadis0920- Thats a great idea! I have always wanted to know if/how to fiberglass foam parts. Do you think you could go more into detail on how to do it? If not then its no big deal :)

No worries. I'm currently working out a video for it.

I am just loving this thread. Does anyone know the complete movement of the cannon? Also does the top barrel of the cannon retract into itself when being fired? GM

spydwar you know a place that would beable to make 3d print of the file just wondering

Hello IronleoMan let me first say that I am a fan of your stuff.

There are a few ppl on the RPF with 3D printers I only know 2 off them. However I went with a 3 axis router table because of the things I do in hobby crafts. Mostly i use it for pattern cutting, to be used in sand casting aluminum. Since joining the RPF I have discovered the whole pep thing and with that said it is very easy with the Vectric toolbox to cut out any of the patterns exported in vectored format from Pepakura either in 3d ( I cut them up for what is called 2.5D ) or in 2D then shape with a heat gun. I also use it for cutting out RC planes but thats another forum entirely.
The 3D printing online such as Shapeways simply costs to much for my craft budget and most of the things I have seen people putting on there could very easily be cut on a 3 axis machine, and they charge a outrageous price for the parts plus shipping.
Oh but to answer your question yes I know where I can have it done, but I haven't ran into a project yet that I can't just do on my own machine.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back