Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! V2 files coming soon!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot (IM3) Pepakura Files! Links in first post! Bicep ad

I have many bjo file .. how do i convert them to pdo files and unfold them ? i need your advice .. any tutorial out there ?

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot (IM3) Pepakura Files! Links in first post! Bicep ad

Greetings Jackieisrockin and Laellee just wanted to pop in and show some progress on the cannon model that I have been making on my CNC with Laellee permission of course.

18674-costume-progress-001.jpg
[/IMG]

Cutting the first part
18675-costume-progress-005.jpg
[/IMG]
Some of the parts spread out
18679-costume-progress-016.jpg
[/IMG]

and them assembled
18678-costume-progress-014.jpg
[/IMG]
not glued yet just laying atop one another
I am cutting the linkage parts now.

Love the progress on the files so far can't wait to see this bad boy finished.

Thanks again for all of you guys work on this project

Last edited:

thanks Jocker53.
i have pepakura designer.
am I not need to convert them to pdo file first ?

how about mqo file ?

thanks Jocker53.
i have pepakura designer.
am I not need to convert them to pdo file first ?

how about mqo file ?

not quiet sure on that, i just import any 3d files in and start unfold.

CNC'd foam pieces... Oh, KICK ASS!

More Pics !

Finally got to finished the arm and attach to the back of the suit.. Its still light .. need to find a way to tighten the joint.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

@Joker53- That looks awesome! I still have to go to a guy in town for my cnc and waterjetting, and he gouges the hell out of me because he knows he can... :(

@mujahidn- Pepakura will accept the .obj file when you load it into the software. Then, when you save it out of Pepakura, it will be in a .pdo format (you can also export it as a single .obj again if you'd like). Pepakura will modify your file to convert it to .pdo, deleting extra faces and vertices it can't use. Obj files usually need 'tuning' to work best when unfolded in Pepakura. It's easiest if you can find files already in .pdo format, or someone who is willing to help you make your .obj files work cleanly. Hope that helps.

@Jackie+Ironleoman- Both biceps already built lol, a nice break from the 50+ piece parts. They went together pretty decent, although Pepakura was printing edge ID's on the outboard sides of some parts. I think I did that somehow. Anyways, great work guys!

Laellee- Sweet! The helmet looks awesome on the body! And both biceps done already??? Man youre fast at pepping! Exited to see it all together!
By the way, how does the neck fit in the helmet?

Spydwar- :eek :eek :eek AWESOME!!! Judging from just that piece, the helmet will look fantastic!

Joker53- That looks awesome! Do you plan on adding any electronics to have it move remotely?? That would just be awesome :love

Im gonna work on the shoulders today so ill try to finish those up ASAP :)

Thanks Jackie. The two scales work together well (9.000 and 393.5) although it has to be matched up once the neckpiece is fitted. I'm putting in a flexible top on the neckpiece to fill the gap and give a rest for the rear half of the helmet.

Well.. I need to reserch on how to put the servo in or I can wait for master stealth for the tutorial.. to be frank.. Im no tech genuis

Thanks Jackie. The two scales work together well (9.000 and 393.5) although it has to be matched up once the neckpiece is fitted. I'm putting in a flexible top on the neckpiece to fill the gap and give a rest for the rear half of the helmet.

Awesome im glad it worked out :)

Well.. I need to reserch on how to put the servo in or I can wait for master stealth for the tutorial.. to be frank.. Im no tech genuis

I hear ya :unsure those servos are pretty hard (for me) to figure out. I still havnt even gotten my 2 servos working for my helmet faceplate :( Almost though (i think)

Hi I am 5' 8.5" and a little on the heavier side. What scale should I make my files. I have tried many times and can't get it right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also if anyone was willing to just pep the iron patriot helmet for me I would like to purchase it from you.

Wow!!!! This is in full swing great job to everyone building this foam CNCing Freakin' Awesome!!!! :p:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back