Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! V2 files coming soon!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot (IM3) Pepakura Files! Links in first post! Neck add

Torx- looks great! Good idea to leave a little room in the helmet for electronics :)

Laellee- AWESOME! Such a great 3d model :cool

I agree with you all. The shoulder weapon looks like some sort of energy weapon, which will be just fantastic :)

By the way, heres another ":eek" picture for all you out there...
View attachment 128885

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot (IM3) Pepakura Files! Links in first post! Neck add

jackie finished your helmet. Also found a way to make a foam helmet similar to a resined helmet, not just the appearance but the strength as well. :love And on the plus side, you can separate the faceplate! :love How cool is that.

Will post it once I get home :) Stay tuned :thumbsup

Ok so this is my first attempt with cardboard. I decided not to do the pepakura this time around and instead used the foam templates for cardboard. What do you think so far. I'm just lacking the top rails.

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Torx- looks great! Good idea to leave a little room in the helmet for electronics :)

Laellee- AWESOME! Such a great 3d model :cool

I agree with you all. The shoulder weapon looks like some sort of energy weapon, which will be just fantastic :)

By the way, heres another ":eek" picture for all you out there...
View attachment 128885

dude, you're one fast modeler to boot!! will post some pix of the chest later this week as soon as i finish. started early this morning.

and after i finish this, i'll proudly wear it on the movie while watching it!!

Last edited:
Excellent progress. Just decided to make this hopefully for the film release. Gonna pep it thurs and fri night. Got 2 12 hour nights shifts on shutdown....nothing to do. After failing a mk6 helm couple of times. The pepping isnt too bad. 1st I bondoed it all over and regretted it. Second I used smooth on and the back collapsed. Building these in the winter is hard enough in the uk. Determined to finish this one though! Keep up the good work

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

The foam helmets.

18435-a.jpg

The right is the mark8 helmet I've been working on with a little experiment on the side. It's made out of foam, backed with fiberglass and matting inside. The surface is nearly similar to resin, as the primer I've been using made the foam surface rock hard as well, and you can apply bondo to the seams. Sandable and no cracking since it's nearly strong as a resined one, and did I mention the sanding part ain't no devil on this one? Really easy to sand. The mk8 helmet in this pic hasn't been sanded yet, final coat of primer on the surface. Will sand it smooth tomorrow, then paint. Will do the same process on the wm helmet. :love Someone requested me to make a video of the process and will surely do once I have free time on my hands.

Just finished to resin the outside ,

The helmet did not warp ( yes it is not as good as other peoples peps , but hey i am a noob ;-) . Hopefully i can finish fiberlassing during the week .I think i have lots of work with bondo and sanding soon , to fix a few mistakes i made .I scaled the helmet 5 mm wider than default scale .
I am 1,73 cm's tall and average built , i strugle with scaling the armor, as i am not really convinced i get the reference measuring points right (on my body).
I will try to scale the armor and cod to 390 , and pray it fits .
Thanks @somnambulus and @Tigerblood for trying to explain things

And Thanks to Jackie for filling my evenings with work ;-)

Quovadis0920- Great! That IM Helmet looks AWESOME! A tutorial for that technique would be great for everyone on here to use :)

Demonwolfe- Looking good! Great job!

Gaiatron- Thank you! Looking forward to the pics later on :)

Markus1981- Helmet looks great! Looking forward to the bondo stage!

Msleeper- Thanks! Just saw that about 30 minutes ago, but nothing new revealed yet :( just a slighty better view of the gun.

Last edited:

toooo siiicckkkkkkkk! thanks jackie and leo! you guys make a great team!

lookin good markus! we're gonna be suited up before the new years at this rate, lol

(as far as the new pic) those push button pins on the top shoulders look interesting, i wonder what they do or if theyre just for visual purposes.

The font on the suit is "Amarillo USAF"
http://www.dafont.com/amarillo-usaf.font?text=LT+COL+JAMES+RHODES

im excited to know how this front faceplate is gonna animate. im already thinking of a geared separation of the front and servos pushing out and pulling it back. whatever the case may be, its gonna be a "task"

Last edited:

Hi guys ,

I just finished the inside fiberglassing / resin of the Iron Patiot Helmet Pep, so tomorrow eve i can start the bondo . I am a bit helpless with the body scaling tho . I measured my self from shoulder to between the legs where the cod piece ends i have 770 mm from the belly button left to right i am (width) is 360mm . my front to back (depth) is 240 mm . I scaled the lower torso to 392.00 this gives me a with of 310.34 mm a depth of 317.91 mm. Hight from the middle of the cod to the top front ab is 450.54 mm. This means in with i have 70mm extra in the depth but 50 mm too little in the with . Can anyone tell me how i must scale it . I don't really have a reference of what the ratio of the lower torso must be in hight in relation to my hight measurement from between the legs to shoulders . I believe there must be some overlapping with the upper armour . My dilema is that i am still in need of 50 mm in with , but getting scared that the hight and depth is then too big . Any advice , or am i measuring my body wrong ? I know there are many scaling tuts out there , but they are not really helpful to me (meaning i am not smart enough) . Hope someone can give me some advice ?

Hi guys ,

I just finished the inside fiberglassing / resin of the Iron Patiot Helmet Pep, so tomorrow eve i can start the bondo . I am a bit helpless with the body scaling tho . I measured my self from shoulder to between the legs where the cod piece ends i have 770 mm from the belly button left to right i am (width) is 360mm . my front to back (depth) is 240 mm . I scaled the lower torso to 392.00 this gives me a with of 310.34 mm a depth of 317.91 mm. Hight from the middle of the cod to the top front ab is 450.54 mm. This means in with i have 70mm extra in the depth but 50 mm too little in the with . Can anyone tell me how i must scale it . I don't really have a reference of what the ratio of the lower torso must be in hight in relation to my hight measurement from between the legs to shoulders . I believe there must be some overlapping with the upper armour . My dilema is that i am still in need of 50 mm in with , but getting scared that the hight and depth is then too big . Any advice , or am i measuring my body wrong ? I know there are many scaling tuts out there , but they are not really helpful to me (meaning i am not smart enough) . Hope someone can give me some advice ?

Here's how I handled it:
1- Opened Jackie's upper torso file in pepakura, then import lower torso and neckpiece as well. Pepakura will show them assembled in 3d view
2- Using measure distance between two points, I chose the upper center of the neck( below where it flares out) down to the cod piece bottom. I tried to keep the line vertical to keep from distorting scale.
3- Had someone measure me groin to upper neck area from behind, and then added 1.5" to it as a movement/fudge factor. Yes, I guessed on the neck spot (using reference pics and a test helmet)
4- Figured out my new scale (see picture) and applied it in pepakura.

After these steps, I continued to measure distances (armpit to armpit, waist width, etc) in pep to make sure that I would fit everywhere else before committing to this scale. This has worked out for me, but I'm a skinny guy so take my success with a grain of salt.
I am working in 393.58 scale right now. I can give reference measurements of finished parts if anyone wants 'real' dimensions in that scale.
Probably described this poorly ans am forgetting something, but hope this helps.
**keep in mind these three pieces are supposed to be scaled the same or they won't interlock**

belly button left to right i am (width) is 360mm . my front to back (depth) is 240 mm.
I scaled the lower torso to 392.00 this gives me a with of 310.34 mm a depth of 317.91 mm. Hight from the middle of the cod to the top front ab is 450.54 mm.

I measured this scale, and the smallest point in the waist area is 304.11 width; 267.75 depth (top of cod piece). You should be focusing in those 'cause those are "inside" measurements.

Last edited:

HI!! I JUST ADD A NEW W.M. PIC I HOPE THIS HELP
18466-12056-big.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back