JACK SPARROW WIG (again)

iangnr

Hey guys! Im new here and its great seeing all the projects everyone has done, some really cool ideas! Im looking for a decent Jack Sparrow wig, i work as an impersonator for different events and kids parties and such. The wig i started out with was just a basic dreadlock wig i bought at a costume shop for 10 bucks and as you can imagine, its not holding together so well anymore and im looking for a more screen accurate wig. Doesnt have to be 100% screen accurate, just something that has the big braid in the back and a good amount of dreads and straight hair. Is there a good wig to buy for cheap to start out with, or is there someone here willing to part with their wig maybe? Thanks and cheers!

Here is my current costume, since then ive gotten new boots, a new sash, and new bandana, the one i had was a little short, the next thing id like to get is a better vest, this is just one i made from a thrift shop, and of course a new wig!
jack.jpg

If I were you I would make dreadlocks and make a wig.
Sparrow wig has chanced from movie to another. It is very dark in first ones and gets longer, much lighter and looser in last.

This wig is made last movie in mind.

IMG_9129.JPG

Anyone know a good way of doing that? Not quite good at sewing so im not sure where i would start. Love the wig, the fourth movie had a bit too much going in the wig in my opinion, id be going for a part 2 or 3 look

There is lots of dreadlock diy videos in youtube and also spesific sparrow dreadlock instrucktions. Sewing work is minimal. You just sew dreadlocks to their right places under bandana.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back