ISIS costume.. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED PAGE 3:-)

Re: ISIS costume help please :)

Very cool. Since this is the Internet, I can admit publicly that I used to watch the tv show and loved it...

:)

Demaris....you asked for HELP with this??? For the love of Pete, that's BEAUTIFUL sculpting work!!! Very, very clean and well done. I can't wait to see your finished pieces. :thumbsup

-Dale.

Good luck on your project. Would the belt be too stiff? You do not need to sculpt to your body or a form so that the resin cast sits nicely on you?

How have I missed this build?
This is look sweet! Cannot wait for it to be finished.

Must say, this is a rather sexy build :p

Mystique! What type of clay are you using? Awesome job so far!

I'm using Chevant soft clay.. it's easy to work with but a pain to smooth down..in which I use denatured alcohol and a stiff brush to smooth it out as much as I can before casting

Very cool. Since this is the Internet, I can admit publicly that I used to watch the tv show and loved it...

:)
Funny.. so have I.. LOL!!

Demaris....you asked for HELP with this??? For the love of Pete, that's BEAUTIFUL sculpting work!!! Very, very clean and well done. I can't wait to see your finished pieces. :thumbsup

-Dale.

Yes.. I did.. I just needed my friend Christine to point me in the right direction.. I had no idea how to go about making templates and such. I do have a fine arts background.. drawing and painting.

I've sculpted before.. well, my Seven of Nine eye and ear borg implants I did on my own:
seven_1.jpg

I sell them now on eBay :D

Good luck on your project. Would the belt be too stiff? You do not need to sculpt to your body or a form so that the resin cast sits nicely on you?

The plan right now is to cast it out of resin and as it's curing.. form fit it to my body.. but if that doesn't work... I have urethane rubber in hand.. which may be the best way to go. I'll be experimenting with this on Thursday night.

The collar will be out of resin and performed the same way as the belt. The head band is also made out of resin.. which is done!! I'll post a photo of it tonight.

The gauntlets will be made out of silicone and colored with cast magic color powder pigments. That sculpt is also done.. but being in a rush.. I forgot to photograph them :p However, I do have a photo of them in the mold :D

200665_10150100988756150_547611149_6737433_1991703_n.jpg

Thanks everyone for your wonderful compliments.. this has been a learning experience for me.. MUAH!!

While the resin is semi-cured, it should be pliable and still warm...and it should conform nicely!

Collar, center piece, head band and small shoe emblems.. getting there.. now to tackle the belt and belt buckle..then apply Velcro to the collar and other pieces.. less then 1 week to go and I still have so much work to do.

190127_10150103753906150_547611149_6759247_3819651_n.jpg

Re: ISIS costume.. BUILD UPDATE PAGE 2:)

Well.. Isis.. just about done.. still need to finish the buckle and fix the shoe "lacing" but here's a sneak peek

198218_10150106232331150_547611149_6785379_4240480_n.jpg

Wow, that looks great so far! Sculpting those pieces must have been crazy painstaking! :wacko

Superawesome sweet in an ancient goddess way.

Did you dye your hair? Did you really, really dye your hair?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back