Is the Pilerud Space Marine 935 Pep scale wrong?

ProWerewolf

Finally cleared my projects up to a point where I can begin working on the 40K Space Wolf build that I've been thinking about putting together since October. I bought new foam mats, a new extending knife and blades; all the stuff I'd need for a new project. I downloaded the big Pilerud pepakura archive (the 2GB one), I printed out the leg templates, cut them out on the foam and started gluing them together only to realize, hold up. Something is wrong with the sizes here.

The Pilerud archive has all the pieces scaled to 935, basically the big-ass 7 foot tall Astartes suit, right? The footprint, however, is hardly bigger than my own foot. I thought that the actual, full-size Space Marine boot was supposed to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 53.9cm. This boot is closer to 35.5cm.

I didn't change the scale. I was prepared to build some stilts for the boot and do this suit up right. So any ideas why the sizes seem so screwy? Am I using the wrong templates? Here's a screenshot of Pepakura Designer with the scaling dialog open. The footprint clearly only covers to sheets of paper, portrait.

UPDATE: Figured it out. The paper size for the Pep templates are set to A3. So they're really freakin' big sheets of paper. Because I'm on a Mac and connecting to my wireless printer through Parallels is wonky, I was saving the templates as PDFs, opening the PDF in my regular Mac setting and printing it to standard Letter size sheets, which scaled the sizes WAY down. I just ran off a new set of templates and they're correct.

XS4dSsg.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back