Is Rogue One OK for kids?

I also think there is a difference between watching alderaan get destroyed and watching the wave of the death star beam destroy a city and our heroes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My 9 yr old daughter saw it and really enjoyed it in spite of the bleakness. But she's pretty even keel and not much upsets her, except for big sister of course:)

I also think there is a difference between watching alderaan get destroyed and watching the wave of the death star beam destroy a city and our heroes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Oh huge. The loss very removed from us.
Even Leia was not shown to be devastated. She was making jokes about walking carpets later. Man she is made of steel huh? LOL
Contrasted with a very real to us nuclear war like blast wiping out characters we have bonded
with the last two hours.

You have obviously not read the original versions of fairy tales. Most are more brutal than a SAW movie.

Oh yes, I have, and yes, they can be "brutal", but that´s not what I was referring to. I was referring to the simple structures, good vs. evil. And that is IMO missing to a degree in RO, at least on a level that kids can easily (!) understand.

IMO the basic tone of the movie is "claustrophobic". Which is of course THE best setting to start the story of the next movie with. Not ONCE in any of the SW movies did the Empire feel as threatening and brutal to me as in RO, except for maybe Rebels in a few select moments.

Especially smaller kids cannot really differentiate between what is real and what is fantasy when they watch tv or movies, once they dive into a story. And you can rarely break that up by saying "that is not real". Their heroes are very often real to them, and so is loss in a story.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back