Is anyone else into anime props?

Check here for the 3D model i made to make a Gantz X-gun:
gantz1.jpg

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?p=332281#post332281

And i think most of you know my Orbo pistol from Witch Hunter Robin (amon's is ready for CNC milling and lasercutting btw):
smallorbo%20002.jpg

and here is the "Proxy Killer" from Ergo Proxy, which my friend Robert will mill for me.
bscap0042.jpg

ergodone6.jpg

ergodone3.jpg

Still kick myself for missing the run of orbo gun kits!!!!

I'd love to get a laser cut, screen accurate Duenan pistol.

The closest thing i have to an anime prop is my baby eagle pistol. It's not a genuine Jericho 941, but besides the name, its still the exact same gun Spike Spiegel uses. I tried to track down a posiedon grip to make it look the same but never ended up getting one. Excellent pistol though. I love it.

Nice to see the great work you guys have done.

Maybe you all can help me out with this one. I was thinking of making a prop from the anime of Lodoss War, and I'm looking for screen caps or "The Art of..."' type sketches/drawings of Woodchuck's (the thief character's) blade weapon - kind of like a large knife/dagger, but smaller than a short sword. I don't have the series myself, so I have nothing for reference, and my search-fu has turned up nothing. Any help or suggestions?

This might be a little out of the box... But how about the Steering Wheel to the Mach Five!?

With buttons that depress and everything, I think that'd be awesome!

-- Tim

Not been lucky enough to have any yet , love all the designs seburo stuff shirow did for appleseed and always wanted a CX and a gong to start off . Also planning to have a crack at this one from the 2004 movie, not sure of its designation though itlooks like a fore-runner to the MN 23 he did -
seburodrawing.jpg

Be cool to know its actual designation if anyone knows :cool

all his designs are just too cool:thumbsup

My fav anime would be Akira! Would love to scratchbuild the laser gun one day..as Kaneda's bike would be too much of a challenge!

Most of my prop projects focus around anime. My friends and I are big anime fans, and go to many conventions a year.

my prop building started with Hiei's sword from yuyu hakusho, and now i'm making another. I've also made Chrome's Trident from Hitman Reborn, and Death The Kid's guns from Souleater.

Currently i'm working on some Kingdom Hearts stuff, and Sailor moon thingies.

I have to admit, making anime props is a great challenge and to me, more fun then other props because of designs and physics defying features we all know and love about anime.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back