"Iron Rat" Stark's MIT ring from the 2nd movie

MIT's great dome here:
GreatDome.jpg

Here are some pics of my own brass rat - it's a bit beat up from years of wearing though...

brassrat1web.jpg

brassrat2web.jpg

brassrat3web.jpg

Boston Skyline:
brassratweb.jpg

MIT Skyline:
brassrat4web.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
-C

Oh and my particular year was made by Artcarved - every year can be different though. I think it depends on what vendor gives the best deal.

Thank you very much, I was right, the "Screen Accurate" picture up top is not actually "Historically Accurate." or "Screen Accurate"

The ring Propworx sold, which is what I'm going to go by isn't much to go by -.-

I'm going to be looking into Artcarved tonight

I actually found this so far:

Brass Rat Ring Makers

It give who made what year, Jostens is the only one to have made 1987 though.

And Propworx Rodes Ring:

0091_1_lg.jpg

Last edited:
So in Iron Man 2 Stark has a MIT class ring from 1987, but the only picture I can find of it is this:

http://web.mit.edu/madmatt/Public/Pics/ironrat.jpg

Extra Info

Does anyone else know anything about this specific ring or know anyone that has maybe created it?

Oh, and a better picture of the 'Rat' as they call it, though it's a beaver:

http://web.mit.edu/2008/ring/images/08bezel.jpg

here's the article by the MIT student
Iron Man, MIT ?87 (?) | MIT Admissions

and these are the different brass rats they had at MIT, from 2000-2010. The 2007 should be of your interest, because that is the one that Tony stark is wearing in the picture. The Years of the Rat | MIT Admissions

and these are the different brass rats they had at MIT, from 2000-2010. The 2007 should be of your interest, because that is the one that Tony stark is wearing in the picture. The Years of the Rat | MIT Admissions

That is incorrect. The image in the OP is not a "zoomed in" shot of what is actually on his hand. Whoever made the original photo used a 2007 ring to represent the fact that it was an MIT class ring.

The rings worn in the movie are from the Class of '90 and were made by Balfour and not Jostens as previously stated.

Here are some reference photos in case someone eventually decides to tackle this -

MIT 90 1.JPG
MIT 90 2.JPG
MIT 90 3.jpg
MIT 90 4.jpg
MIT 90 5.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back