Iron Man Mk42 V3 FinishedPics+VID last page

Re: Iron Man Mk42 V3 Half Bust 70% Done Updated 8/20

arduino uno, wave shield, and then a proto shield with a advancer technologies muscle sensor on top.

Re: Iron Man Mk42 V3 Gloves/Repulsors Done Updated 8/22

"advancer technologies muscle sensor"

ok thanks.. (off to google now)

Re: Iron Man Mk42 V3 Half Bust 70% Done Updated 8/20

arduino uno, wave shield, and then a proto shield with a advancer technologies muscle sensor on top.

Hopefully I can find these parts locally as well. Good work on the repulsors. You inspired me to improve mine [again] !

:D

Re: Iron Man Mk42 V3 Gloves/Repulsors Done Updated 8/22

Current status of the suit fully suited up [except the handplates]
Just need to finish painting and the electronics shouldn't take long to install. Yay!

1266817_654000381277625_1464474294_o.jpg

Re: Iron Man Mk42 V3 Suit up pics! 8/27

Yeah proportions on this are gorgeous! I hope my armour still fits me fine when i get back to work!! got injured and put on a bit of weight nothing 2 weeks of intensity working out wont kill but enough to make the abs warp =P

Hello there. Top-quality work! The best foam Mark 42 I've ever seen.

I have a question that I know has been asked, but I've been over this thread 3 times and I still don't think you've mentioned the exact foam you're using. I've never heard of rubber or "rubberfoam..." is it the same thing as EVA foam? That is, the same type of foam used in "Foamies?" or "craft foam?" I can't imagine using only epoxy primer directly on to EVA foam surface without having severe cracking and chipping problems, but I'd love to try! To be clear, it sounds like all you're doing is epoxy primer -> paint -> clear coat (basically)?

I built an entire suit out of EVA (foamies type material) and went the pva glue plus smooth-on plastic coating method. I also used the plastidip process but both ultimately let to cracking problems. My next attempt will be docholiday's method, but your coating method sounds even more simple. They key may be the type of material you're using. In the first two videos (page 1) the foam already looks more rigid (before you even sand) than the craft foam most of us use.

I ask because I feel like I've been through most types of foam and have yet to find anything that will take a simple coating process. Whenever you get time, please let us know the exact type, maybe even brand name, or manufacturer who you're using PLEASE :) I'd love to try your coating/painting process, it looks phenomenal! Thanks for sharing your process!! :thumbsup

Man that's just looking amazing. Legacy effects quality :thumbsup
Thanks man! Still planning for version 5. This suit has many many flaws still. With the help of your files, v5 should be ultimate! :D

The proportions look great! Awesome work.

Thanks!

Wow. This is extremely impressive. Now if only I wasn't too lazy to make one myself...

Thanks! Determination is the key.

Yeah proportions on this are gorgeous! I hope my armour still fits me fine when i get back to work!! got injured and put on a bit of weight nothing 2 weeks of intensity working out wont kill but enough to make the abs warp =P

Thanks! A little determination will do the trick :)

Hello there. Top-quality work! The best foam Mark 42 I've ever seen.

I have a question that I know has been asked, but I've been over this thread 3 times and I still don't think you've mentioned the exact foam you're using. I've never heard of rubber or "rubberfoam..." is it the same thing as EVA foam? That is, the same type of foam used in "Foamies?" or "craft foam?" I can't imagine using only epoxy primer directly on to EVA foam surface without having severe cracking and chipping problems, but I'd love to try! To be clear, it sounds like all you're doing is epoxy primer -> paint -> clear coat (basically)?

I built an entire suit out of EVA (foamies type material) and went the pva glue plus smooth-on plastic coating method. I also used the plastidip process but both ultimately let to cracking problems. My next attempt will be docholiday's method, but your coating method sounds even more simple. They key may be the type of material you're using. In the first two videos (page 1) the foam already looks more rigid (before you even sand) than the craft foam most of us use.

I ask because I feel like I've been through most types of foam and have yet to find anything that will take a simple coating process. Whenever you get time, please let us know the exact type, maybe even brand name, or manufacturer who you're using PLEASE :) I'd love to try your coating/painting process, it looks phenomenal! Thanks for sharing your process!! :thumbsup

Thanks kurtis! Yes the rubber I am using is a lot different to what you guys have been. Nowadays I use 6mm thick rubber foam, or rubber sheet. It doesn't have any brand name since I buy it from a local hardware store here, but it is pretty rigid and doesn't have any patterns both sides.

Here's a vid showing how strong the rubber is : Video

The glue is different as well that's why I'm able to do it very clean, and the rubber is sandable too. With the sealing, I just run a heatgun through the pieces to seal small holes, wash them with water and soap, let it dry. Then spray it with epoxy primer the next day, at least 3-4 coats, sand, final coat of primer, paint, clear, buff, clear and wax.

That suit fits you like a glove. Awesome build!

Thanks! Hopefully I get to finish it in time for a con next week!

Very impressive. Looks very nice.

Thanks!

No updates for today though. But full reveal with video coming soon! ;D

Nearly there. Well, almost.
Did the same damage-y effect to the legs, so it would match up with the rest.
Other boot hasn't received it yet though.
Come saturday this baby should be done. So yay!

1277598_660233167321013_48983751_o.jpg
1273861_660030764007920_1484098438_o.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back