Iron Man Mark VI - second cardboard build - First Time (edited) Movie Short!

Re: Iron Man Mark 6- second cardboard build

@ Black Dynamo This is excellent work /w/ cardboard bra! Did ya use cardboard ta pep th' helmet entirely or just th' face plate? This type of material. Is within my price range ta work without lookin stupid if ya could share how ya achieved this look it could help. Thanx.

If i could throw in my two cents, i would suggest a darker gold paint. if you have some extra cash, alsa makes very nice, very expensive paints

That is looking freaking awesome. Looks pretty dang cool and especially with the triangular chest to it. Looks almost Experis!

Hey. guys this is my second attempt on a 1/2 scratch, 1/2 pepbuild in cardboard. Its a better build than last years. Please give me ideas on what to do with this one. Fiberglass, or Smoothcast. Also electronics. Critique Welcome.

Blackdynamo1 ya know a tutorial on your techniques would be ideal, so that others could build a suit using ya iinstructions like th' curves on the back of th' chest piece and I noticed that there's a framework that it sits on I would like ta learn techniques using cardboard as a medium.

I love this. The bottom left of that collage has the right attitude. If the shoulders could be a little not-so-shrugging, I think you've got the essential look down in a very balanced and aesthetically pleasing way!

Hey, RPF Favs! Sorry I haven't be on in a while I've been Super,Super Busy. But Here's 95% of my build done and ready to be fiberglassed. There was a lot of modifitting and modifying done this build. Some of the pieces were cut wrong, and I was ready to scrap certian parts, but I made them work anyway. A lot of these pieces were hard as hell to build. It fits my 5'8'' frame well though.

Last edited:

Many Thanx, RPF Costumers. Sorry about the grainy pics though. I'll post a youtube vid soon.

HOLY MONKEYS OF GONDOLA CITY!!!

That is awesome, love it. I'm really looking forward to this being Resined up!

@ Black Dynamo This is excellent work /w/ cardboard bra! Did ya use cardboard ta pep th' helmet entirely or just th' face plate? This type of material. Is within my price range ta work without lookin stupid if ya could share how ya achieved this look it could help. Thanx.
Hey, Rysjin7717-Its your typical behind the furniture store cardboard boxes. Just find the cleanest,thinnest and hardest you can find. To get achieve the look just take your time and smash the cardboard, and or curve it after you draw and cut your pieces out to make it flexable. Depending on the part you are making. Its very tedious. Use a angle cut on the edges with angle cut shears or scissors you can find at walmart to bond cleanly with hot glue. Make sure u have lots of box cutters, and a multi-pac exacto knife set wit lots of blades.

CsMcClaren, Here's another pic of the collage you commented on. I've never thought I could have something so pleasing and easy on someone's eye's. At the bottom are the elbow shield, bicep, and forearm. I like the diamond shape better for the forearm. I use the 12' IM fully poseable action figure from Toyhaven as a reference for building. That's the look i'm trying to achieve.

I've Spent a month and three weeks building, with some 300+hours doing it. I need to be more proactive in managing my build and answering questions. Also this community has alot of people doing different things but we're all the same . We have a vision and that's what drives us. KEEP BUILDING! (We Need A RPF Convention!)

Thanks, Stealth You R one of the guy's that inspired me to start building from 405th. I also watched your WM video on youtube a million times.

Thanks, Stealth You R one of the guy's that inspired me to start building from 405th. I also watched your WM video on youtube a million times.

Wow. That's so nice of you to say.
Well look at you now. You're an ace. :)

I need pointers from you now lol

Your'e Welcome! When I finish this build and my mind's rested. I Plan to tackle a War Machine Cardboard Build to Complete My IM Collection. But first things first. I'm sort of a Perfectionist like you, and my mark 6 hero suit has to satisfy me. I'm very good with fiberglass & bondo, and want this it to be as detailed and as acurate too the toyhaven figure as possible.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back