Iron Man Mark III (Dark Asylum)

Re: New iron man suit in the the works

very very nice! I always wondered how the vacu-form process goes. Thank you for posting this! Please keep up the great work.

Great job my friend,
i i thought what happens in vegas stays in vegas!!!!
it must be the fact it brings out the best in people!!!
Hi five
Chez

Fantastic work! Thanks much for sharing your progress with us!

Is the plan to eventually have a kit available?

Cheers!
- 'guts

Ok new updates, all the vacuum parts are done a primed except for the shoes and the latex parts. Ok so I started with grey primer and I ran out so I had to go over most the parts with white primer, thus some areas are grey, white, and light grey.

hpim2695r.jpg

Nice look

hpim2697.jpg

Now the legs are very dexterous and can bend in a sitting positions with eez, and are very easy to jump and walk in, but I wouldn't use them for sporting events.

hpim2698h.jpg

hpim2704.jpg

hpim2708.jpg

hpim2711.jpg

Ok so on the issile housings I forgot the lines and had to go back and dremel them in, but I'll fix this on the molds.

hpim2703.jpg

hpim2709.jpg

A look at the pivot point covers and the flare housings.
hpim2699.jpg

This will be insane to see fully painted and etch to perfect detail.
hpim2700.jpg

Just needs the unibeam and the lock screws, and put the collar joints in place.

hpim2706.jpg

hpim2707d.jpg

So the next big part is the stomach section and thus will be re cast in latex for a nice dexterious fit and movement.

p00102.jpg

And here's a gret shot the shows the paint job of my helmet the dark red has a slick blue glaze in the right light that phots rarely capture, I would love to see the full suit painted in this same manner, would be awesome

hpim2702.jpg

ok so I'm lacking the ability to post answers and comment reply given the trial period I'm subject to, so if you need anything answered or to comment you can personal message me, as to more updates to come.

Ok now about the kit question, I can only give a option of full suits unpainted with out electronics, but will be welded and cleaned up, given it's just too frustrating and complicated to put these parts together with out proper tools and experiance with the material, save you the hassel, this all all that can be offered.

Any way enjoy the pics and thanks for the support.

Sorry if i missed this already but what sizes will this fit,girth,hieght etc?
Just a general idea.
Looks great.

OH MAN!! how did I ever miss this? ive wanted to see this tackled now for ages, and its here and amazing!.

Great looking suit sir, awesome detail and love the helmet.

G

Flippin' amazing and can't wait to see more pics; really wanted to do an Iron Man suit and this could be the best option. Keep it up.

Great work! Can't wait to see it finished. Now the ultracal is a concrete product...so how in the world do you sculpt with that? Or do you use the epoxy product over that and sculpt into the epoxy? I've always sculpted with polyester resin.

That's an awesome project. Wow, light, durable, a new era for Imperial Recruiting; the Emperor will be most pleased...oh...ops...wrong movie :D

Just a note, is it just me, or the legs look a little short? calves especially...:D

Ok, bumping and updates, about the legs no they are the exact same measurements as the hero suit version, but with out the sendary layers it's not a complete look once I have the under layer to the shins and the upper thighs it'll look just right, and I'm hoping to get more pictures up tomorrow or this Weekend. finishing the shoes and all the molds are about done.

Also, some other news I guess I'll be painting this suit after all my buddy has too much to deal with at this point so I'll be detailing this suit start to finish and will be using the same colors as my helmet is, which should look epic with the full suit done in this faskan colors. So thanks for all the feed back and I will keep you all posted, and wish you all the best.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back