Iron Man Mark 4/6 from Germany THANK YOU ALL !! last update 01/11/13

Re: Iron Man Mark 4/6 from Germany HELMET IN PROGRESS

Hey bobafett the Abs are making from the pep File (robos pepfiles) Thx !

David, you are doing a great job on that helmet. You are taking your time and it shows through in the details. Awesome, keep it up!

thank you mike i do what i can do :) but it was a funny experiance to building the helmet for me :D
mizuno you can change what ever you want on your helmet use only creativity !

Ok i have done the helmet :D it takes me exactly 2 weeks with pepping work to the finish pice. I have again some new things leraned in this building and it were again 2 crazy weeks :D im realy happy now but my buid is not done yet i wehre starting in 3 weeks to closing all holes on my suit to make it more movie accurater.
have fun with pictures all good and bad comments are welcome !!

IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg

IMG_5900.jpg

IMG_5906.jpg

Re: Iron Man Mark 4/6 from Germany HELMET DONE !!!

It looks awesome davy. It only took 2 weeks too? That's insane! I think I've spent 5 weeks on mine and still have some things to do to it. One small note on yours though is that the left eye looks to be a tiny bit smaller than the right one.
A question too. How did you add the screw head details on the faceplate and the pivot point detail on the jaw?

Wow it looks great! Cant wait to see it all together with the rest of the suit
Thanks dude, i think its not more so long.

It looks awesome davy. It only took 2 weeks too? That's insane! I think I've spent 5 weeks on mine and still have some things to do to it. One small note on yours though is that the left eye looks to be a tiny bit smaller than the right one.
A question too. How did you add the screw head details on the faceplate and the pivot point detail on the jaw?
Hey Chris , i planing all my pices before i start them so it goes faster and i Know then what is to do. I figure out the screws from a alluminium bold and make the holes with a dremel. Yes have seen it today its 0,7 mm different to the other but what is perfect ? I think only 3d print is perfect and im not a friend of it its a nice thing but not more.i love more creativity and hand work.

That looks fantastic, very clean work.
Thanks crank.

Hey Chris , i planing all my pices before i start them so it goes faster and i Know then what is to do. I figure out the screws from a alluminium bold and make the holes with a dremel. Yes have seen it today its 0,7 mm different to the other but what is perfect ? I think only 3d print is perfect and im not a friend of it its a nice thing but not more.i love more creativity and hand work.

I realise that is the best way now to keep focused. I made a big mistake of starting one piece, then starting another and before I knew it I had four or five pieces that were half finished. I've learnt now to focus on one piece at a time.
You're right too. Nothing is perfect. I was just trying to help you get your helmet as close to perfect as possible :) I've cut the jaw off my helmet twice now to re-position it because I was just not happy with the way it all lined up.
You're so close to the end of the build now, you must be so excited and relieved. What will you do when it is all finished?

This is looking AMAZING!
Keep up the great work, but one question.
When you were working on the helmet, did you include the eye parts or did you just leave it?

Im having trouble with the helmet's complex parts > <

I realise that is the best way now to keep focused. I made a big mistake of starting one piece, then starting another and before I knew it I had four or five pieces that were half finished. I've learnt now to focus on one piece at a time.
You're right too. Nothing is perfect. I was just trying to help you get your helmet as close to perfect as possible :) I've cut the jaw off my helmet twice now to re-position it because I was just not happy with the way it all lined up.
You're so close to the end of the build now, you must be so excited and relieved. What will you do when it is all finished?
thanks chris nice that you understand it only with this method you can winning this . I see the pep files not as a pep i see a picture in it and i start it on the same way wehre i go to paint a picture. At this time as you have start i have talk to you and say how to start it on the best easy way when you need help chris ask me i wehre helping you any time !! I think after this build i wehre taken a rope and go to the tree :D joke hehe. I dondt now it but im planing a bigger project on a iron man suit and it wehre me taken more time as this smal build i use it more for testing how the best ways are for it. I know that this is a fail and winning at the build i have many fails maken but i leraned from it and i wehre this fails not more making at second time, and in real im a guy who have realy no patience for anything.
But my buil is not finished yet and need to make all parts now for the holes on the suit some are done some not but im sure it wehre be looking good.
And i can only say that projectearth7 have make a perfect tutorial for all guys here may he has learned some of me im sure ;) but people must only understanding it and it goes from alone.
by the way before i forgot chris have rechanging the one eye, but its now on molding progress.
This is looking AMAZING!
Keep up the great work, but one question.
When you were working on the helmet, did you include the eye parts or did you just leave it?

Im having trouble with the helmet's complex parts > <
Mimicry thanks. i have leave the eye parts at the start i make later some eyes for it i have many things leave because you dont need all parts at the pep file. thx

Awesome work on the helmet. If i may ask how did you do your details such as the screws?

So after small break i can say my helmet is painted and lights are up :) here it is :
IMG_5928.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_5927.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5946.jpg

Re: Iron Man Mark 4/6 from Germany HELMET PAINTED LIGHTS UP

wow! nice suit! can I say, i pretty much hate you for how awesome that thing has come out... i am such a jellyfish....

Re: Iron Man Mark 4/6 from Germany HELMET PAINTED LIGHTS UP

Nice! Can't wait to see the final product. I just have a little more wiring to do for my 2nd suit for helmet servos and I think I'll be ready for a suit up tonight. Can't wait to see your suit up!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back