Iron Man - Mark 30 "Blue Steel" Build (100% Complete!)

made007 (Quoted from a previous comment) "I wish I could JSspidey, I wish I could - but the torso Is all on piece so I couldn't put it on without cutting it down the middle or something like that"

Its annoying I know - I wish I could, but since its 1 piece and I don't have the time to cut it and hinge it before I leave etc it shall remain a statue :(

Last edited by a moderator:
@made007 (Quoted from a previous comment) "I wish I could JSspidey, I wish I could - but the torso Is all on piece so I couldn't put it on without cutting it down the middle or something like that"

Its annoying I know - I wish I could, but since its 1 piece and I don't have the time to cut it and hinge it before I leave etc it shall remain a statue :(

Oh its ok then, i missed that part, sorry :(
got carried away with the pics that i forgot to read lol

man, this was a great build, he turned out great. i have been in the planning stages of building the MK20 "python" out of cardboard, i know know it's possible. thanks for the inspiration. ;)

Re: Iron Man - Mark 30 "Blue Steel" Build (96% Complete!)

I Have already made one of those - however the bottoms of the boots are filled in so the legs cant really get onto it, and I don't really want to drill a 40mm hole in the boots

I was thinking about this problem for myself, and I may have come up with a potential solution. If one were to make a removable repulsor in the boot, they would be left with a hole when removed. If they made the repulsor big enough then they could slide the boot onto the stand. It might work.

Last edited:

man, this was a great build, he turned out great. i have been in the planning stages of building the MK20 "python" out of cardboard, i know know it's possible. thanks for the inspiration. ;)

Thanks @royaltykustomz - in a way i wish i had spent more time on him - as in properly go in and bondo/sand each piece individually and repetitively as opposed to the rondo method - as i would have been much happier myself with the build - but in another way I'm glad i didn't, as it allowed me the time to build "Hammerhead" which i actually MUCH prefer now its fully built.

OMG yes totally do it!! - Python was going to be the one i built if i didn't do Blue steel, i like the paint jobs of Python, Blue Steel and Tank much more than the original ones lol.
I hope to see Python come to life soon.

I was thinking about this problem for myself, and I may have come up with a potential solution. If one were to make a removable repulsor in the boot, they would be left with a hole when removed. If they made the repulsor big enough then they could slide the boot onto the stand. It might work.

Thats what i ended up doing for Hammerhead!! - i haven't got any pictures of the sole of the shoe, but i freehanded the shape of the sole around a "repulsor" (just a hole tbh lol) worked out nicely - I suppose the people that do this normally wear the suit they make, so typically there is no bottom of the shoe (in some cases)

Edit - double post

Edit - double post

This keeps happening to me too, I guess theRPF is having some issues lately...

Also, That's probably the route I'll go in making the suits fit on the stand, if it worked for you it ought to work for us all :cool

Thanks @royaltykustomz - in a way i wish i had spent more time on him - as in properly go in and bondo/sand each piece individually and repetitively as opposed to the rondo method - as i would have been much happier myself with the build - but in another way I'm glad i didn't, as it allowed me the time to build "Hammerhead" which i actually MUCH prefer now its fully built.

OMG yes totally do it!! - Python was going to be the one i built if i didn't do Blue steel, i like the paint jobs of Python, Blue Steel and Tank much more than the original ones lol.
I hope to see Python come to life soon.

well soon may not be the case, i'm not great at this stuff yet and not quick at all, but he will be around eventually..

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back