Iron Man helmet Hinged with tracks

Thanks guys.

Resurrecting an old thread here. I have a couple of questions. Looking at pictures 3-5 it looks like the slot the metal pin slides in is pear shaped so the ball end of the pin stays in the track. Is this right? A dremel deburring tool should acclomplish this. Also there's a hole in the helmet at the end of the track, does this serve ny purpose? How do you place the hinges for correct travel? My thinking was to tape the lid to the helmet and very sparingly use hot glue to tack the hinges in place, and check the travel. but the metal pins go in how and where? Anyone who's done a Finhead lid like this please advise.

Dave check your email I sent you all the info you will need. Sorry took last night off. ;)

That is probably THE best hinge system I have seen yet... I love that you used the tracks! I have a question about the pins that go in the tracks, do they articulate like on a hinge or ball joint where they attach to the faceplate or are they rigid? I would love to try and replicate this on my build if you don't mind. I would humbly accept any advice or other info you might be able to offer.

Also, I have been following your MK III build and I am very impressed with your work. I can only hope my own build will be as good as yours.

I've been pm'd and emailed about this numerous times. I wanted to should how my 4 Piece helmet hinge system works to clarify why this does not work with other helmets and why I don't offer the hinge kits alone.
The helmet was designed with this system in mind from the start so the top slots are actually cast as tracks for proper and stable movement of the faceplate. Here's a few pics of the system and link to a vid of it working. :cool
Link to the vid and a few more pics.
Ironman 4 piece - a set on Flickr

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

i'm kinda new here... are
you selling those helmets?

Yes I am working on my 1st build and I've been stumped on the hinge parts. This really helps just wondering what part did you use for the top hinge with the tracks? Thanks and again awesome work

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back