Iron man 3 Mk 8 in pepakura - A collaboration work

Re: Mk VIII -yes 8- helmet and forearm WIP

Ahhh! There is the elusive shoulder bell!
1Ums7.png

Front:
yY9Zq.png

Back:
s3Wqj.png

Ok, I'm done spamming untill IMIM2 gets something done! Haha

I decided to abandon the idea of brushed metal look on Mk8. So I added another layer of silver, and start paint the color.
I picked the second lightest gold color, but I guess it is still to dark.
The picture is different than the actual gold color, but I realize Mk8 gold color is very similar to my car's color (something like champagne gold). The color I used here is already quite similar to my car actually.

Since this is only a mock up, I am not going to waste any more paint. This was done on three layers coat.

Thank you, it helps to motivate me!

Wait, are you referring to me or to Helagak? :lol.
This is becoming collaborative works.
I just realize that this thread is no longer mine alone.....:behave.

I finished the Mk8 helmet today.

Since this is a dummy, I sealed everything, so it can't be worn.
So many wrong things in this helmet, but it was a good experience making this one. I used a lot of new tricks on this.

It'll be a new addition for my helmet collections.
So far, two IM helmets were died "gracefully", two more IM helmets were donated to my friend's kids, so these were the leftover helmets I have. One more is on the way. I don't know what to do with these. For those you you who didn't read my tips: These are the answer from why "thou shall not make the helmet first when building a suit " :lol.

Okay, so I wanna have fun with Mk8 helmet. First was to give it a body, so I did. I may wanna make a helmet stand or neck so it can be displayed properly, or maybe Mk8 bust?

I finally found a good place to put the helmet: right next to my bed!
It'll function as a night light too. My original night light is blue LED, now I just have to connect the eyes, so it will be powered not by battery.
Perhaps I'll put my Iron Potts helmet on the other side.

Haha! Love it!! Maybe you should start donating those helmets to us "less fortunate" builders with crappy helmets! :lol

This is a truly junkyard, as in JUNK (except couple of them)
One didn't survive after painting it with paintball gun. Another one died because fiberglass experiment went wrong (look like dragonball's hair)
I donated two of my helmets already to my firend's kids.
These are the remaining survivors.

So if you are under 17 yo, you can get it for free. Or maybe if you come in person, you can pick 5 of them (except the bottom row).:lol

Ha, now I can look at Mk8 and go to sleep every night. Alternative face to look at other than my wife :love. Or I can place it beside her in the morning. That'll do.

This is a truly junkyard, as in JUNK (except couple of them)
One didn't survive after painting it with paintball gun. Another one died because fiberglass experiment went wrong (look like dragonball's hair)
I donated two of my helmets already to my firend's kids.
These are the remaining survivors.

So if you are under 17 yo, you can get it for free. Or maybe if you come in person, you can pick 5 of them (except the bottom row).:lol

Ha, now I can look at Mk8 and go to sleep every night. Alternative face to look at other than my wife :love. Or I can place it beside her in the morning. That'll do.

I'm 17... can I... :lol

under 17...

I almost finished my forearm. I can't believe that I mask the wrong areas.
Will repainted later with my handplate and other parts.
But for now, wooohoooooo..............

Figured I'd post some pics of my modeling work. I have the thigh and shin done. Here is everything so far together.
9hnn9.png

And just for fun, I threw som color on the bicep.
4U3y4.png

PikD1.png

TtWdO.png

Thought I would add a few better shots of the shin. The side shot has no smoothing applied.
yb7KJ.png

LVyKt.png

hC4Wl.png

Juicy.....
I'm unfolding bicep.
Moving on to shin.
Don't smooth it, the "plates" looks odd.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back