Iron Man 2 MK VI Helmet Kits, and Armor Build (Helmet Mold Completed)

Re: Iron Man 2 MK VI Helmet Kits and Armor Build

Had a little fun with this, and just used Aluminum in the cheek detail, and the lower "lip" to match the Aluminum Faceplate. When painted up this will make a nice Silver Centurion, and the same process would work nicely for the MK V Helmet.

7%20005.JPG

7%20009.JPG

I know, I know... I need to dust....
In any case three successful pulls and counting.

z%20017.JPG

Just a test paint. On the 405th I have posted what the paint make, and match is as supplied by an insider friend at Legacy (Formerly Stan Winston). Another good source is The Art of Iron Man. It shows the different paint options the tested, and 2 of those were the final choices for the MK III, and later the MK IV/VI.
This is a very rich, and dynamic Red Metallic 2 stage paint. I will detail this, and add a few clear coats, and polish and buff, however not to the extent of some people I have seen do. Iron Man in all film forms is not Super Glossy as many insist on making him. His suit does not have that super wet deep look. It is simply a satin like sheen that barely catches the light.

1%20002.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dSFbRKhND3M/TETY-OVVM7I/AAAAAAAAAmc/aUtCyJpibVU/s576/1 005.JPG

1%20009.JPG

2%20005.JPG

1%20005%20%282%29.JPG

1%20009%20%282%29.JPG

Simply awesome. I'd love to get me a faceplate and do it up like the design phase from IM1. Great work!

There are a lot of pictures of the inside from The Art of Iron Man, and you'd have to get a good screenshot for the markings drawn on from the movie, but nothing a little kit bashing, paint, yellow, and white grease pencils could'nt do.

I have not listed them in the JY yet, but I was going to do Kits of the full helmet, I might make an exception if you want just the faceplate though...

I will try to get these pages scanned, as well.

1%20032.JPG

1%20047.JPG

1%20045.JPG

1%20044.JPG

1%20046.JPG

vlcsnap-2010-07-19-22h03m37s36.png.jpg

vlcsnap-2010-07-19-22h03m15s39.png.jpg

Last edited:
Here are updated pics of the second cast kit.

Helmet Kit consist of the main shell, and seperate face plate, sanded and primered.

This allows for custom paint schemes as well as the option to create a static display, or upgrade to a working wearable helmet. Simply paint, add lights with my eyes and lighting kit, or even a add hinges and servos for a fully functional piece!

1%20009.JPG

1%20010.JPG

1%20011.JPG

1%20012.JPG

1%20020.JPG

1%20027.JPG

Here is the finished product! This helmet was the third cast, and has been fully detailed and painted. The eyes have also been illuminated with LED's. When wearing YOU ARE NOT BLINDED, and have a fairly broad and clear field of vision!

2%20146.JPG

2%20177.JPG

2%20149.JPG

2%20151.JPG

2%20167.JPG

2%20158.JPG

hey stark, what did you use to mold your stuff? it looks kinda like alginate to me...

and what are you charging for a raw cast?

Dude, I would also be very interested in buying one of the raw molds to work on myself...is that possible, if so please let me know how much...amazing work dude.

Hi stark, I'm new to this whole pepakura & armor building thing. I've just found this site & have been reading through it & I've seen other comments asking about prices for casts for your iron man helmet.

I was just wondering if you are selling actual helmets? And I've also seen you mention something about your light kit for the eyes, are you selling that too? Just curious, so any info you could give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi stark, I'm new to this whole pepakura & armor building thing. I've just found this site & have been reading through it & I've seen other comments asking about prices for casts for your iron man helmet.

I was just wondering if you are selling actual helmets? And I've also seen you mention something about your light kit for the eyes, are you selling that too? Just curious, so any info you could give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hodson, Welcome to the RPF!

You will find many great prop and model makers here, whom are kind and informative. This truly is a great resource and community. As for your question on Helmet and Lighting kits you can find all the info here:

http://www.therpf.com/f13/iron-man-mk-iv-vi-helmet-kit-starting-130-shipped-92142/

hi there, bravo on your helmet. with the whole suit do you think adding resin to the suit and then filler, smoothing out and then pouring more resin on top will work?

all the best.
jase

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back