Intro Post + Agent's of Shield - The Bus

MR_Adrian

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everybody, my name is Adrian and I'm a college student, car and track driving enthusiast, and a huge fan of the RPF now. I have been a tinkerer/DIYer since I was 10 years old and I got my first set of power tools (What were my parents thinking right!?!?!?) I am a very big fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, especially Agents of Shield and the Iron Man movies. Recently I picked up model making again (mostly cars) and also I've begun looking into the various props I find interesting (btw, I freaking love the paper props section of the RPF) and I've decided to try my first kitbash and try to make The Bus from Agents of Shield. I purchased a Revell C17 kit from eBay and get this......It cost me $25 shipped! As if that was not an amazing deal, when the kit arrived, it had a brand new tube of cement, a brand new pack of brushes and even had 5 brand new pots of Model Master paints......that was a nice bonus! So I know forum member Teddz has built his own bus, and I will be using his thread as an immensely useful resource, I've already read through it a couple times and extracted all the most useful bits to be able to reference them more easily. He did an amazing job as far as I saw and would love to see the finished product (if someone could point me to it that would be awesome!) You may be thinking.....you need more than one kit to build The Bus....well I've ordered the part that I know I'll need from Revell's parts department, I need to wait till those orders potentially come through. If not, then I will be waiting to source another kit to use.

So here's my little model making table that I have in a corner of my room, I do have a much bigger shop in the garage which I use to maintain and work on my track car and any bigger projects I may have. (Ahem....Iron Man suit.....I'll start soon.....I hope.....)

RPF%201%20of%201_zpsbmgkb0dc.jpg

Here's my "display wall". There's not much there yet, the shelves are quite empty still, I've got quite a lot of paper props to print, and I've got quite the wishlist on Amazon. Collecting is much more fun than I would of thought and I can't wait to see what else I'm going to make and/or buy.

RPF%202%20of%201_zpsbbfpllli.jpg

Also..........I have a large knowledge base when it comes to cars/driving/modifying cars/etc. so if anyone ever needs any help in that department with one of their projects please PM and ask any questions you may have.

I look forward to keep this thread updated with my progress, although I warn you guys, it will definitely be slow at times, I've got school, my other projects, and other hobbies that keep me occupied. I'm in no rush, I just want to create an awesome finished product.

Out of curiosity, did you ever end up completing this project? I am also a huge fan of those things you listed (I want to one day make a 1:72 Bus) so I was wondering if it ended up happening.

- Master Tej -

Out of curiosity, did you ever end up completing this project? I am also a huge fan of those things you listed (I want to one day make a 1:72 Bus) so I was wondering if it ended up happening.

- Master Tej -
Looking for the original thread I was using for reference I just came across this, I never got anywhere with the project cause other things came up and lack of resources at the time (was a teenager), I'm looking to start it soon though.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back