INCEPTION (Top, bishop, loaded die, poker chip, pasiv)

Here's some pictures for reference.

I'm certain there's a cleft in the Bishop totem, as can be seen in the third image. It's more obvious on the big screen though.

rleqzc.jpg

nqra4x.jpg

nzruw9.jpg

I ordered a top from Kevinericon here at the RPF, and must first say that he is a great seller, and I will definitely do further business with him!

I also ordered a few display posters and pedestals, which should be arriving within the week in the mail, hopefully I'll get them soon!

Now, on to the main event! I went to get my package at the PO box, and upon opening it, I was surprised to see that Kevinericon also included a die; what a guy! Thanks for that, dude!

The craftsmanship on the top is incredible! It possesses a very solid spin, and I couldn't have asked for a better top! I've posted my recreation of the last minute of Inception on YouTube and I'll post link below. This video will also be in Kevin's other thread Here

Once again, I am deeply, deeply thrilled with this top and die! Thanks again, Kevin.

Here's the video! YouTube - Inception Ending - Custom totem and exact replication

Last edited:
I have two complete sets of the totems. I loaded the die and drilled the bottom out of the bishop. My Grandpa has a metal lathe and I am thinking of asking him to make some more tops. I am thinking about making a bunch of each to selll. What would you guys think is a fair price for the complete set?

I have two complete sets of the totems. I loaded the die and drilled the bottom out of the bishop. My Grandpa has a metal lathe and I am thinking of asking him to make some more tops. I am thinking about making a bunch of each to selll. What would you guys think is a fair price for the complete set?
A couple of runs of the tops and bishops were done a while back. You can probably find the original threads in the JY.

Trying to patina the stainless steel top to no avail. Used sulfamic acid cleaning crystals but they did absolutely nothing.

Trying to patina the stainless steel top to no avail. Used sulfamic acid cleaning crystals but they did absolutely nothing.

I saw on a site about "relic-ing" guitars that one of the ways of making the metal hardware look aged is by submerging the metal in acid concrete stain. The brand mentioned on the site is Scofield Systems™: LITHOCHROME® Chemstain™ Classic CS-16 Faded Terracotta, and the results look pretty great. Here's the link if you want to check it out: Relic Deluxe - Vintage Relic Guitar How-To and 50s Pinups for Fender Stratocaster, Telecaster, Jaguar, Jazzmaster, and Gibson Les Paul, SG, and ES-335 330 Guitars(see step 4)

On the little top I got I just heated it up over the stove for a few minutes until it had a slight golden tinge, then let it sit to cool. Looks great, or at least good enough for me

Anyone know the name of the type of briefcase used was? I saw a brand called "ZERO" that looked pretty close?

DTL, did you read the thread thoroughly? The second post has what you need, thanks to nickytea. Later on is some talk about a cheaper black plastic case that is similar enough.
Well, the PASIV's housing is a Zero Halliburton Premier attache case.
Those run about $650, so I don't think I'll be able to do one any time soon. :lol

Sent from my Nexus 4

I didn't know this thread existed though. I might have to think about making some totems....

Let us know if you find anything more about where to get/make a good looking case

Sent from my Nexus 4

Here are my scratch-built totems:

Ariadne's Bishop, Dom's Top, Eames' Poker Chip, Arthur's Die...and depending on which theory you subscribe to...Dom's Wedding Ring.

I made the Bishop and Top out of a broom handle (using my drill press as a lathe). I made the Poker Chip out of MDF and some food container lids. I made the Die out of some epoxy stained with food coloring. I made the Ring out of a metal nut, spun down and polished on my belt sander.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back