In search of TOS p1 shells

dremeldemon

greetings and salutations! seen some really amazing builds over the last 10 or so years on here. ready to attempt a TOS build myself and was wondering if anyone is making p1 shells...do people still make fiberglass shells or is 3d printing the new norm? i've been looking around on ebay and etsy. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. i'm sure i'm wicked far out of the loop.

Last edited:
what i want is to do a j long style build. had the plans to do it for a while but need a shell to start. plenty of reference material here if i wanted to do my own STL but i'd like to see what all is out there and accessible

I think Shanko has his own account on eBay, hopefully forestlakeip is not also him... Haven't purchased anything from forestlakeip so I can't offer any advice there.

what i want is to do a j long style build. had the plans to do it for a while but need a shell to start. plenty of reference material here if i wanted to do my own STL but i'd like to see what all is out there and accessible

Another thing regarding the current Shanko shells being offered on EBay…they appear to be oversized.

I picked up a finished Midgrade Phaser One from another seller who said they were built up from Shanko’s current shells.

Here it is (it’s the stripped-down phaser on the right), compared to a finished JLong “Hand Phaser” kit build:

D937225F-378F-4B50-91AB-400BDE4FFC4C.jpeg

Last edited:
there have been some really cool projects started by others on this board that are p1 related. reached out to a few of them to see if they would be willing to part with one. not in a HUGE hurry, but i would like to start something soon! missed out on the JLong years ago with everyone else. would like something that is fairly accurate to the Wand dimensions...

definitely will head a different rout then the current Shanko shells. thank you for that info. that's really helpful.

Last edited:
Another thing regarding the current Shanko shells being offered on EBay…they appear to be oversized.

I picked up a finished Midgrade Phaser One from another seller who said they were built up from Shanko’s current shells.

Here it is (it’s the stripped-down phaser on the right), compared to a finished JLong “Hand Phaser” kit build:

View attachment 1690151

Post in thread 'Star Trek TOS Type 2 Phaser Free 3D Print Model -=Need Trekkie Assistance=-'
Star Trek TOS Type 2 Phaser Free 3D Print Model -=Need Trekkie Assistance=-

found this from another thread and am having a friend print me up the stl this weekend. figured i'd give myself a place to start while i wait to hear back from some people on here i've messaged.

Be careful if you are dealing with Shanko, he has been banned from multiple forums for being a complete tool AND ripping people owhat?

One of my favorite RPF moments ever was when Shanko suddenly popped up out of obscurity in the counterfeit phaser auction thread (making that situation even crazier than it already was), and was almost immediately re-banned.

there have been some really cool projects started by others on this board that are p1 related. reached out to a few of them to see if they would be willing to part with one. not in a HUGE hurry, but i would like to start something soon! missed out on the JLong years ago with everyone else. would like something that is fairly accurate to the Wand dimensions...

definitely will head a different rout then the current Shanko shells. thank you for that info. that's really helpful.

The JLong shells are not the most accurate, either. Too...er.. well...long, and the shape is off.

One of my favorite RPF moments ever was when Shanko suddenly popped up out of obscurity in the counterfeit phaser auction thread (making that situation even crazier than it already was), and was almost immediately re-banned.
that thread is good for more than a few giggles. i did a lot of head shaking myself. beautiful piece of work! i'd be lying if i said it wasn't some inspiration for my own recent want

View attachment 1690151
Very nice looking build on the Jlong!

I made these a long while back. They are pretty accurate to the GJ phaser. I'd print them in resin and then glass up the inside.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back