Immortan Joe costume from Mad Max, Fury Road

Sorry, jumping in on here, doing an Immortan Joe cosplay myself - but a female version. Looking at wigs, and can't decide which one - so thoughts?

Both are 'elf' versions of wigs, but the first one is more layered, while the second hasn't got the layers - will obviously have to cut them and yellow them, but both seem to be the best options to give the widows peak.

More Layers:
http://arda-wigs.com/products/suzi

Less Layers:
http://arda-wigs.com/products/tauriel

I would say the Tauriel will work a lot better. I don't think Joe's hair is layered at all. I used a small stamped brass filigree picture frame I found on eBay. I cut two sides into four pieces and used three of the pieces to make the medal.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437594364.632036.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3157059/JoeModels.zip

Here is a link to a bunch of the models I'm working with right now. There are 4 types of chain links in there so far. They should all snap together without any glue, but glue never hurts. The Large links are the easiest to work with, and print pretty well with ABS. The Medium ones I made thicker versions of than I originally worked with. There is a bracing piece on them also, but you can experiment with removing it. But it's easy to clip off. I could probably make the medium ones a bit better to make the center tube part print on the Z axis seperately so it has better resolution, but I doubt anyone will look that closely. The small links were the toughest to make as it's at the bleeding edge of my printers resolution. I went through half a dozen versions before setting on those ones.

The medium one assemble easily by hand as they are only two parts. But the Small and Large ones you should use a hammer to pop the pin into place. But they hold much better.

Just ordered a set of 50 bottle caps that will get delivered to me next week - once I've taken the ones I need for the shoulder piece, if anyone else wants some of the leftovers (US located only), PM me and I'll post them on.

I had to buy ten and am happy to send you one for free. I have eight left.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437889027.971381.jpg
To the immortan, who rides with me forever shiny and chrome.

Hi I'm trying to build an immortan outfit by my bday which happens to be Halloween so I ain't got much time everything I've seen here is blowing my mind you guys are awesome I gotta ask though those of you with those awesome printers is there any way I can buy the metals off of you guys you know if the sand it or paint it or anything I can do all that just gotta ask, please feel free to PM me

Last edited:
That bloody athletic medal is going to be the death of me. *shakes fist*

What is everyone doing for the cod piece/belt? I was thinking of getting like a black weight lifters belt and add to it from there? Thoughts? What have others done? Thanks. :)

That's my plan, too. I bought two as I think it will need more wide part. I bought regular black belts to attach the holsters to the weight belt.

I just need to get my under things first - doing gender-bent, I'm changing it up a bit, and so need to figure out how my waist is going to sit, because I'm doing a corset underneath the armour. How much luck did you have in finding a weight belt without a big logo emblazoned across the back? Or did you just dye it out?

Living on base is great going to the local military surplus stores today looking for patches I'll let you all know if I find any winners maybe I can share the love

If you've still got some patches to spare, I'd send you a few bucks for one...

Ditto on this. And on one each of the castle nuts in the right size if you have spares - I'll just cast 'em in resin and pop out copies so the codpiece doesn't end up weighing 15 pounds. Happy to pay for it just to get the right thing.

Trying my hand at 3D printing them on my new printer. I will send everyone their freebies ASAP!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back