Immortals

Theseus didn't do anything unless he was told to, he seemed to just follow people around, and then he just basically said " WE CAN DO IT! " before leading them into a 300-copied fight.

Great point. I also thought it was so stupid for Theseus to run IN FRONT of phalanx. That is not a leader or a hero. That is suicidal.

Just after that part, where Thesus and Dorff (sorry, his character's name was not memorable enough), press through the Hyperion warriors to get to the convenient door in the wall that takes you RIGHT TO THE TITANS, there was such a Mystery Science Theater moment. Now, they have just been fighting and killing, but near the end, as they reach the doorway, they are simply pushing through the Hyperion warriors like rude children at a packed concept.

"Excuse me."

"Pardon me."

"Hero and lackey, coming through."

"Make room please."

Oh, I can just see the comedic voiceover now. I know the enemy is just canon fodder, but come on. You can't just push through them like a crowd on Black Friday and expect me to take you seriously.

I am on vacation with my teenage boys. Violence aside, is there anything in this movie that I would be embarrassed to see it with them?

Is there any rape or excessive sexual content?

I am on vacation with my teenage boys. Violence aside, is there anything in this movie that I would be embarrassed to see it with them?

Is there any rape or excessive sexual content?

IMO and as a father no. There is one scene but it is dark and not much more than a butt shot and a side shot of a breast. 300 showed a lot more.

Art, everything you said, ditto.

The bow was a big deal, they found it, lost it a bunch of times as if it didn't matter, used it to put some holes in the walls, and then just threw it back in a stone again. And THIS was one of the main plotlines?.

While they did but a lot of emphasis on the bow when it should of been more focused on the titans, it was still important to the story.

I watched the movie......I found it very forgettable. I didn't really enjoy it at all and even Rourke who I am a huge fan of just felt wasted in the movie. I wish I had more positive things to say, but all in all I feel is was a very forgettable flick.

Finally saw this one and...yeah. Skip it. It's pretty weak. Very stylistic, but still weak. Henry Cavill is charismatic on the screen, but you just don't care. Still, makes me think he may be able to pull of Clark Kent.

Yeah, I just caught this on Netflix, I'm glad I didn't pay for it when it was in theaters..I think the best part of the movie was Freida Pinto

Yeah, I just caught this on Netflix, I'm glad I didn't pay for it when it was in theaters..I think the best part of the movie was Freida Pinto

Yeah, she was pretty, but underused. I heard that the director wanted to make the film like a mix between a Caravaggio renaissance painting and an action flick, and visually, the guy definitely succeeded. It just didn't make the STORY any more interesting, and for it's two-ish hours worth of time, I really didn't feel like I got to know OR gave a damn about any of the characters.

Also, Mickey Rourke, while a talented actor, was miscast.

Also, as stated above, the film had MAJOR plot problems. Stuff..um...happened...but it didn't seem to matter. He's trying to get the bow! No, wait, he wants the oracle! For....some...uh......reason. I think. Or something.

To me, the point of the film seems to have been the visual mashup. And yeah, largely that succeeded. But that was all that succeeded. Like, the point of going to the oily sea was...um....to stand on a ship, get drenched, then turn around and go back to where we started. Right. Ok. Actually, the point was to see a woman bathing herself in oil, and to see the contrast of Henry Cavill's blue irises and the whites of his eyes against his blackened skin. That's it. The plot point was an excuse to shoot a particular scene, it seemed.

I also was NOT a fan of the design of most of the costumes. The gods (Poseidon especially. WTF? Is he the ant god or something?) and Mickey Rourke's stupid crab claw helmet that I guess Hyperion got when he conquered the land of Red Lobster restaurants. Also, Army of Two wants its facemasks back.

ao2demo2.jpg

So, basically, you get the following from the film:

- Henry Cavill lookin' buff (this one for the ladies, and gentlemen of a particular persuasion)
- Freida Pinto lookin' hot (this one for the gentlemen, and ladies of a particular persuasion)
- Interesting visuals playing with the contrast of dark backgrounds and the human figures being lit in a way to appear like a Caravaggio painting (seriously, go pull some Google images. you'll see what I mean).
- A somewhat cool action sequence that you honestly don't give a crap about because you haven't connected with any of the characters.

Seriously, Clash of the Titans did a better job with story and characters, and that ain't sayin' much.

Last edited:
I watched it a few weeks back and I don't know how it looked in the theater, but at home it was so dark you could barely follow the movie. What I did see wouldn't make me want to watch it again.

I also was NOT a fan of the design of most of the costumes. The gods (Poseidon especially. WTF? Is he the ant god or something?) and Mickey Rourke's stupid crab claw helmet that I guess Hyperion got when he conquered the land of Red Lobster restaurants. Also, Army of Two wants its facemasks back.

Seriously, Clash of the Titans did a better job with story and characters, and that ain't sayin' much.

I think I enjoyed this film more than Clash of the Titans. Only because COT was already telling the same story over. And because Immortals was pure eye candy like you said. Still, me enjoying this more than COT is not saying much.

And Hyperion defeated those Red Lobsters single handedly during the Lobster season:lol

It sucked, As a movie, as greek mythology ( the horror,the horror) . The effects were oke, that's all i can say.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back