ICONS Authentic Replicas Interview clip?

This ought to be good.

So after all these years you finally decided to come on here and "Clear" up your reputation.

I think that is a new thread just waiting to happen which I will open up

I should add this is the first time I have ever posted on this forum, although numerous members who are friends have linked me to it over the years and forwarded me questions. If anyone has a question about Icons 5 year history please feel free to ask. Even with all the rumors and accusations that surrounded Icons, which are unfortunately a part of this hobby & industry, I will continue to be civil. Thanks.

That's unfortunate about Icons, seeing their Luke ANH saber replica in a collectors magazine when I was a kid was what first opened me up to the idea of replicas. And for me, it just blew up from there. :lol

Plus I could have had an icons gold edition ANH saber for like $150 bucks back in '98 or so, and never took it! :facepalm

-Carson

No, they really did NOT open the door for other licensed replicas.

And the name, while very clever, is completed contaminated now. Anyone who tries to start a prop replica business with THAT name, is an idiot.

Because of their crap, Lucasfilm locked up tight for three years. It took me dozens upon dozens of calls and letters to get an audience with them.

And them we had to pay a HUGE advance (three million $$$) to be allowed to sell the lightsaber replicas.

Ditto on all of the other studios...it was ALL they could talk about...How Icons pretty much destroyed the image of licensed prop replicas, and they were all terrified to ever license that category again. It took a VAST amount of work and money to get them all to finally relax and open up. If anything, Master Replicas opened the door to other prop replica companies.

I was able to secure a number of new licenses at QMx rather easily, because of MR. NOT Icons. That name in Hollywood has been a curse word for 15 years.

And FYI: SD Studios pre-dated Icons by a year, for releasing licensed movie prop replicas. Jim used to tell me that SD Studios was his inspiration. (read: Lying "suck up"). I had a number of run-ins with Latta over the years. You would not believe some of the underhanded stunts he pulled. Fortunately, he wasn't very smart, and most people could figure them out fairly easily. MOST of the time...

Boy, do I have stories...

Just wanted to set the record straight...

Icons...peeeetohey!

And then Qmx steve ran away LOL !!!
All these years talking about Latta and Icons taking shots any chance you got and now he comes on here to face your accusations and you take off running what a Joke . Steve every company you have ever been a part of has folded or you have got kicked out of :( (fact) How many now I lost count ?

Thought you were done with making prop replicas that big announcement you made guess that was just more Steve .
Why is it Everything you make is so over priced? Your HERO all steel pulse rifle is what 3-4k more then Matts must be because you made it ? Glad this is a forum where EVERYONE is free to speak there mind. 14k feedback or 1
PS Steve you have never had or put up 3 mill for anything
later junkyard Steve :thumbsup

BTW:

I just got a nuclear PM from Latta about my post.

So he is reading this...

So please allow me to...retort...

Dear James...

I didn't write a SINGLE thing that wasn't true. You got some BIG BRASS BALLS playing the victim with me, bro.

What I tactfully omitted was all THE OTHER CRAP that you did over the years...You and I have some history.

So be thankful I didn't dredge all of that junk up.

Ok, well maybe ONE... :lol

Like your brilliant fax to Paramount??? From "concerned citizens" all across the country warning the studio that they should NOT give me a license because I was a HUGE bootlegger? But the faxes were ALL from the Kinkos down the street from your office....in the 818 area code.

GENIUS!!!!

And your partner Mike then tossed you under the proverbial bus and told me that you did it and apologized for you.

And how did these people ALL know I was at Paramount? It isn't like I announced it...

Again...BRILLIANT!!!

Fortunately for me, the Paramount rep thought it was all pretty funny and a license followed shortly thereafter...

And for the record...MR didn't use a SINGLE product sample, idea, or prototype from Icons. Our President Scott insisted that we stay a million miles from you and Icons, so we couldn't get tied in with that rep.

Remember when you called me? Scott went ballistic. He ordered me never to contact you again. That is how paranoid he was of you.

I told him that you and I were ok, and I had no problem chatting with you. He chewed me a new one for THAT response. He threatened to fire me if I had any association with you.

Where do you think he got THAT impression from?????

I didn't create the gigantic world-wide stigma around you and Icons, so don't you dare blame me for that, sparky.

If anything I wrote is a lie...come here and retort same.

I double-dog dare you.

Nay.

TRIPLE dog dare...

I await your response.

That's correct although you will find that those with few post counts and posting history such as yours are suspect

Glad this is a forum where EVERYONE is free to speak there mind. 14k feedback or 1
thumbsup

hrg5th.jpg

And who is 'Thekid', another new forum member with a lot to say.

Latta, don't you know that sock puppets are illegal here?

Wait who's a sock puppet peterson? How many posts have you made about steve being the greatest guy ever and how many OVERPRICED props have you bought from him ?
(FACT) How many thread posts are on here in the past year alone started by you about steve? Including the HUGLEY overpriced Hero pulse as mentioned before that must have hit a nerve. I assume by you not thinking before you called me the puppet. So if anyone here is a SOCK puppet its you thats a fact peterson. I don't agree with the way people are treated on here by other members who seem to get a free pass to bash others because of who the know and post counts . I guess because I decided to speak up you have a problem with that peterson go back to Junkyard . 6k for a pulse rifle LOL :thumbsdown

Wait who's a sock puppet peterson? How many posts have you made about steve being the greatest guy ever and how many OVERPRICED props have you bought from him ?
(FACT) How many thread posts are on here in the past year alone started by you about steve? Including the HUGLEY overpriced Hero pulse as mentioned before that must have hit a nerve. I assume by you not thinking before you called me the puppet. So if anyone here is a SOCK puppet its you thats a fact peterson. I don't agree with the way people are treated on here by other members who seem to get a free pass to bash others because of who the know and post counts . I guess because I decided to speak up you have a problem with that peterson go back to Junkyard . 6k for a pulse rifle LOL :thumbsdown

I really don't care who you are mate, but if you start having a go at respected members here like that .... strike 3 without the 1 and 2, & yourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr out in no time at all.

You certainly are not new to this forum.

I won't reply anymore it may get the thread locked and the Jackals are starting to circle me lol . I would like to see how this plays out as much as anyone . i maybe a kid but i do my research :)

Last edited:
Whats a matter can't talk with both feet in your mouth?

:lol Get back under that bridge!! :lol

I won't reply anymore it may get the thread locked and the Jackals are starting to circle me lol . I would like to see how this plays out as much as anyone . i maybe a kid but i do my research :)

i just want to say, the rpf is the only forum i post on because out of all of them this by far has the nicest, ready to help out people.. and I've been a member for a little over a year now and i don't even know about half the stuff your talking about xD there's no way your brand new to this forum haha.

pretty off topic, but i just thought that should be said.

I did not post on here to cause a massive flame-war. I am not posting under another I.D. I put my real name on my post and have never posted here before.

I was willing to have an open dialogue about Icons, but if I am going to freak people out and anger them by doing so, I will step back. I also don't want other members here who may want to hear my side of the Icons story, be polite to me or disagree with Steve D. to get flamed.

My apologies....if anyone has a question, please feel free to message or email me.

Jim if this is the case why not just start a new thead and call it "Icons: my version of the story"? Start at the beginning and go right into it and towards the end. I know people have been burned in the past (myself included) but personally I would like to hear your side.

Steve, glad to see you posting on this subject. I, for one, have always LOVED your stuff (Read, kiss up, LOL)
Just curious, I heard a rumor that Latta was beaten senseless out in Vegas, by a group of people that got screwed out of some LIS robots. Any truth to that?

Thanx

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back