I am Mother - CAD software suggestions?

askernas

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all
What CAD software would you recommend for modelling "Mother" from "I am Mother". I've been using Rhino so far, but it feels like there are better tools for this kind of modelling.

Here's where I am so far...

However, The torso and the more fluent curves makes me thing there are better tools for the job..
I don't mind learning and digging deep into a new piece of software.
Those of you who model armor and the likes out there: what do you use?
Screenshot 2020-10-10 112941.png
mother2.png
mother3.png
mother4.png

Hey there, if i was going to model Mother i'd use Fusion 360, they recently changed their useage rules but you can still use it for free for non commercial use but have a limited number of save slots. More than enough to model this.
I hope this helps

Find what feels comfortable for you and is affordable. I have been using Rhino since version 1 (over 25 years) and still use it professionally every day. There are great apps out there ( Fusion 360 mentioned above) that are great and have a lot of features. If budget is a concern MOI (Moment of inspiration ) is on the low end cost wise . In my experience they are tools. While some offer features others do not its how you use it that counts. Time and experience are going to yield the best results. Im curious as to why you feel there are better tools for what you are doing . Not from a Rhino users point of view but rather what is it that causes you to think that? Rhino is a surface modeler and while it has history tools its NOT parametric. Fusion and Solidworks are. Perhaps thats what your thinking is a better workflow for you. Everyone is different to be sure. You can download demos of other packages and try them and see what you are most comfortable with.

Looking at what you posted above looks great. Is there something specific you were struggling with in Rhino? Again just curious , not trying to sway you in any way.

Cheers
s

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back