Hot Toys showing off 1/6 Falcon,...over 18ft long

And some more here:

10405665_940447992678845_475112519116372496_n.jpg10999443_940448102678834_1915186300099007620_n.jpg11402994_940447879345523_356167466886679379_n (1).jpg11694788_940447946012183_1383537631640878546_n.jpg

The cockpit looks like the 5 footer, the rest looks like the 32 incher, the weathering is too heavy, the jaw boxes are too wide, and the mandibles don't toe in.

It is impressive

but as robn1 says there are inaccuracies,....if its supposed to be based on the 32",.....the turret wall doesn't slope enough,...the quad gun? looks stange

The bird cages on the landing gear are filled in....at that scale they should be cages,.....I was able to carve out the ones of my FM 72 & the MPC

Details look soft also

J

It is what it is, a big display piece to draw in the crowds, nothing more. However, with a property like SW if your going to go big, you better do it right because there's a lot of people out there that will pick you, your props, your replicas, your merchandise apart, if not done right.

I don't understand. Why make such a large piece so inaccurately? I can't figure it out. How much harder would it have been to make it look a little more cannon? I'm stumped! Still I guess the sheer size makes it very impressive in person.

It's an absolute impressive model! Kudos to the Hot Toys team for taking on such a adventure / task! But.... is it me or does it appear to be lacking something? I'm looking at the docking ring and the full scale prop and scale models seem to have more detail. If you're going to go big - go ALL OUT! I would think they would have studied every photo available to them.

Again, this is impressive... most impressive. Kudos!

Last edited:
Yep, it's a toy not a detailed model (I still would get it) Screams for details and major re-working! As others have said: good base;)

That's what I mean. For that scale there should be tons more detail,even if not accurate. A friend pointed out that there seems to be less detail than the old MPC kit.
It would be great to buy it and spend some time (and money) accurizing it. That would be amazing!

Can you imagine how much fun it would be to really get down into the weeds detailing this monster! It's a GREAT base (as Joe said). Just needs a little more love and attention. :)

**** no i dont want one...............have to draw the line somewhere.......and GARAGE SIZED PROPS IS IT! i dont have a garage for my car!

https://media4.giphy.com/media/VWRedYDiay1AQ/200_s.gif
Where it's going you don't need a garage , you could chemically anchor it to the apex of your house like its hiding from the empire , after that I think a mirrored ceiling is in very bad taste , however a millennium falcon ed ceiling CLASSY

Uhmm...does it really look like it is 18 feet long? Hard to tell with the 'fisheye' lens being used, but it looks more like 13 feet or so.

Quick bit o' math:
1:48 = 28 inches
1:6 = (28*8) = 224 inches or 18.66 feet
Guess the assumption was if it is a 1:6 scale MF, then it must be 18 feet long. Not the other way around (where it was actually measured...again, the whole "scale" problem)
Regards, Robert

Nice. That's about how large I imagined it being.

I'm kinda surprised at how they displayed it though. I was picturing one of the iconic ANH scenes. Maybe in flight, or docking bay #94, or in the Death Star.

They could probably sell a small batch of those things for 5-figure prices, if they made it disassemble into pieces small/light enough for one person to carry through doorways & up staircases.

Forget about trying to sell any in one-piece form. An 18ft model may not weigh as much as a pickup truck but it's just as large. And without wheels or an engine to move itself.

I wonder how many they would sell in action-figure scale (almost exactly the 5ft ILM model) with accurate interiors.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back