High Plains Drifter

PHArchivist

Master Member
I know the duds from Leone movies are available.

But does anyone have any insight or leads on the frock coat he wears in High Plains Drifter?

Last edited:
Plenty of love but no help, I am afraid...I have the hat, poncho and shirt from the three "Man With No Name" series but cant help you elsewhere...

I've tried that one myself. Found nothing. I do not think it's period accurate, and therefore repros like Wah Maker ignore that styling.
If I really really wanted one I'd screen cap it and have a tailor make one.
I doubt you'll be able to find one or even something close, but if you do let us know.

Tough one there, I saw one at a Con a long time ago but even the guy wearing it said it was not screen accurate.

I've tried that one myself. Found nothing. I do not think it's period accurate, and therefore repros like Wah Maker ignore that styling.
If I really really wanted one I'd screen cap it and have a tailor make one.
I doubt you'll be able to find one or even something close, but if you do let us know.

That's pretty much exactly what I thought. Good thing that there are a lot of good shots with it showing the various details in clear open sunlight.

Last edited:
It's a pretty simple coat, double breasted, knee length, smooth cuffs, huge collar, split back to waist. No belt, loops, or pockets. It's the collar that really hard, as nothing I've seen is particularly close. Here's a couple of quick pics for anyone who might happen to find something close.

hpd001.jpg

hpd002.jpg

It's probably a custom job for Eastwood. Looks like some sort of waterproofed overcoat. Just doing a google search of victorian western/cowboy action type suppliers didn't bring much up of use.

You'd probably be better off having something tailored from scratch and consulting somebody than modifying something existing.

Just continuing to dork around on it and found this thread. Not much more to add, but a couple of resources.
http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=897614

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind me adding a search for the hat to this thread, since I thought you seem to have done some research into the costume. Does anyone know what make it is? I'll need to find some good reference pics, but I swear I have a hat around here somewhere that could be worked into a decent match.

It's a pretty simple coat, double breasted, knee length, smooth cuffs, huge collar, split back to waist. No belt, loops, or pockets. It's the collar that really hard, as nothing I've seen is particularly close. Here's a couple of quick pics for anyone who might happen to find something close.

hpd001.jpg

hpd002.jpg

The cut of the Clint Eastwood High Plains Drifter coat strongly resembles a double breasted European made military wool or wool blend overcoat, with it's huge collar, split back minus the shoulder epaulets & with a shorter skirt.

I hope you don't mind me adding a search for the hat to this thread, since I thought you seem to have done some research into the costume. Does anyone know what make it is? I'll need to find some good reference pics, but I swear I have a hat around here somewhere that could be worked into a decent match.

Replica hat:

High Plains Drifter

Not sure if they''re in business still. Just found the site and haven't read it yet.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back