Hero Lenticular Hoverboard Prop (Back to the future II)

Clock88

Does anybody have any photos? I have scoured the web and come up with a few (Ketzer, Screenused, Planet Hollywood) but they seem to scarce.

I have a huge passion for the film and any behind the scenes material (as a filmmaker). The lenticular hoverboard has always been one of the most iconic props that has fascinated me since I was 12 years old. I have been collecting as many photos as I can of behind the scenes BTTF 2 material and still get great joy out of seeing new pictures.

I would not publish or use them for any specific purpose; I would only be extremely grateful to see new material.

Thank you!

I have a huge passion for the film and any behind the scenes material (as a filmmaker). The lenticular hoverboard has always been one of the most iconic props that has fascinated me since I was 12 years old. I have been collecting as many photos as I can of behind the scenes BTTF 2 material and still get great joy out of seeing new pictures.

I would not publish or use them for any specific purpose; I would only be extremely grateful to see new material.

Thank you!

Good to know you wouldn't use them for any specific purpose and only want to see new material.

Please PM me if interested. Custom reproduction to 100% screen match the look of the of the lenticular hoverboard props in the opening sequence of BTTF 2. Super rare. Real sinking honeycomb pattern with true 3D effect. I don't want to come off as a tease but I probably won't sell it at all if there isn't enough people. The problem at the moment is it is costing me a ridiculous amount of money to get made (over 60 bucks a sheet). I want to see if there is interest first, then I may find a way to get costs down.

Also looking for a trade for highly accurate magnets/brackets. I have BTTF123's which I love, but I want to see what else is out there.

First come first serve. I will put together a list of buyers.

Hoverboard%20screenshot%202.jpg

BJPGB.jpg

The color changes drastically in different lighting conditions (like the real board). This color of the material below was not manipulated (same as above material)... I just took the photo indoor at night with normal house lighting. Looks very much like the material on the screen used Ketzer.com photos.

mattel_lntclr_top.jpg

PM me.

I have already created the material (as you can see from my posts) through a lot of work of my own. I know everything there is to know about the lenticular material and the prop itself (Sommer's 3D Honeycomb Lenticular -raised not sinking- in 'Flamingo Pink'). There is no secret knowledge to be gained (I am only guessing this is one of the reasons you would not want to share photos). I have had access to photographs of the original prop.

If you don't agree with the ethics of replica making (and wouldn't want to share them with me for that very reason), then that is completely understandable. If you somehow think that I will use these photographs to make a more accurate replica, then you are simply mistaken. I have all the information necessary for that.

It's one of my favorite film props of all times. I LOVE seeing new behind the scenes photographs of the board and the 2015 set. It is a piece of my childhood.

Last edited:
I have already created the material (as you can see from my posts) through a lot of work of my own. I know everything there is to know about the lenticular material and the prop itself (Sommer's 3D Honeycomb Lenticular -raised not sinking- in 'Flamingo Pink').

I see that.

There is no secret knowledge to be gained (I am only guessing this is one of the reasons you would not want to share photos). I have had access to photographs of the original prop.

Secret knowledge being gained was not discussed. I believe it's always best to make determinations based on facts and not guessing as sometimes those guesses are wrong.

If you don't agree with the ethics of replica making (and wouldn't want to share them with me for that very reason), then that is completely understandable. If you somehow think that I will use these photographs to make a more accurate replica, then you are simply mistaken. I have all the information necessary for that.

Ethics were not mentioned either. I cannot truly know what someone else's motivations are for doing things. Each person must speak for themselves.

As for creating replicas, there are many different circumstances, feelings, & laws concerning the subject. I personally see nothing wrong with someone using their artistic talents to re create an item for their own personal enjoyment and showing others those creations. When (or if) someone re creates and sells another's original creation without the proper consent is a different matter*.

* Not saying this applies to you

Thank you!
I just came across this and am starting my own set. are you still selling the lenticular? If not do you have any leads for me? Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back