HELP needed to ID MOONRAKER prop

EXCELLENT!!!
Good work guys!!! You “nailed” it.

In case that first one was TOO easy…here’s another for you…
The Moonraker Laser rifle….We know that the base gun was the UZI 9mm Submachine gun with its folding shoulder stock, barrel, Cocking bolt, trigger guard and magazine removed.

BUT…can anyone ID any of the Add-Ons????

Ed-209

The front “barrel” is obviously a found object as you can see from the photo close-up I darkened that there is some type of raised lettering on that part. Any ideas?

007-MR_Laser-Uzi-13.jpg

007-MR_Laser-Uzi-15.jpg

The closest thing I could find was this:

Angle thermostatic valve - Tootoo.com

I will continue to search, but I saw that part of the lettering after i threw the pic into photoshop was under the first line of raised lettering and said "u 104", so that may be a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know what the buttons may be? The photo washes them out. The tops are really a sky blue color.

moonrakergun.jpg

That whole pic has a blue tint to it. Even the rear thingie has blue on it. This one is a little better. All the pics i have seen of the prop that are not screenshots all have them looking white. I wish someone would ID it so i can finish mine. One day i'll go on another hunt for it.

DSC09527Medium.jpg

sorry. they're not what I was thinking. too big.

That whole pic has a blue tint to it. Even the rear thingie has blue on it. This one is a little better. All the pics i have seen of the prop that are not screenshots all have them looking white. I wish someone would ID it so i can finish mine. One day i'll go on another hunt for it.

DSC09527Medium.jpg

DSC09527Medium.jpg

Whatever you guys do, do not clean the trigger with break cleaner! :lol Mine had some grease/grime and I almost melted it with that stuff.

The vice part on that one looks weak. I thought about bashing it with some of Shawn's parts, but then I started thinking what would be the point.

It's really cool to see that an active search has been going on for five years to get the best screen accuracy possible. I'm not making either of these props, (though MR has a special place in my nostalgia bank :) ) but I learned a lot about 3 cool props reading this thread. :)

I think the text says "Broughton"
I came across a picture of the gun in Roger Moore's Bond on Bond book last night and thought "I'd like to make my own version of that" and eventually ended up here.
When I first saw the gun I thought "that's a toy Uzi with a radiator valve on the end" and googling Broughton radiator resulted in several Broughton radiators but I can't find a match yet. Obviously this is a 1970s part so won't be easy to find online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mikey, You could be right. I've suspected it's a radiator valve but who knows! As to the Roger Moore book. If you look in the acknowledgments credits you'll see my name. I made a several of the props you see in the book. -Ed Maggiani

Yes i know , Necropost..........Hey Ed or anyone else that may know, do you know what the deal with this one is? I have not been able to find any screenshots of this thing WITH the rear rings. I can see the rear switch in grabs but not the rings.

007-MR_LaserPistol0.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back