Help: Loki Pepakura helmet

Thanks so much guys :)

I tried bringing the front bits in but I don't think I can bring it in much further without making it too small to fit over my head when it's resin'd. I need to put some card in somewhere to even it out a bit, because at the moment it's kind of tilted on one side.

If I make another one might think about making it a bit bigger next time, I'm a bit worried about the sizing when it's solid because there'll be a lot less give without it being paper.

Fair enough. Give it a whirl and see how it comes out. One thing I can guarantee - you'll have a lot of fun making this and you'll get more satisfaction than you'll ever have from a helmet you bought.

I already love it more than anything I've bought, I mean it's taken over 20 hours just to get to this stage so I'm pretty attached to it.
I'm just sick of making the same helmet over and over now haha. This is the second one, the first one was way too big so I had to just start again.
As long as I have one that fits my head in time for the con then I'll be a very happy lady :)

I agree with blax, making things is so much fun and satisfying, and my first helmet was GARBAGE, the pep didn't work out and I had to completely redo the entire thing and I have a total of 80 hours into the helmet in my profile pic, but it is my first finished helmet and I'm proud of it... Even though I am reluctantly not that big of a Loki fan, this was entirely a commission lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've just done the helmet (sans horns) out of the foam template and found the cheek sections push out when put on, I am thinking of making it rigid but worried it means I can't get my head into it if I do, did you have any problems with the fit with cheeks pulled in closer to face?

I made mine so it came in at the face. I decided not to put too much fiberglass on the inside so it was still a bit flexible but that was a big mistake. It has some slight cracks at the sides where I was putting pressure on them when taking the helmet on and off, which meant I couldn't wear it around the con, I could only carry it.
I think if you wanted to bring it in at the face you'd probably be best splitting it into two pieces and having them clip together like in the screen used helmet.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back