Help - Ghostbusters (Aluminum Tube(s) Front Grip)

csullivan1980

Good evening RPF,

I am stumped when it comes to the front grip of the Neutrona Wand of the Ghostbusters Proton Pack.

Previous builds I completed all have been resin based bodies with resin cast front grips or included aluminum tubes with no markings.

I recently inherited a Throwing Chicken V3H kits not too different from the one I completed for myself in 2015.

I problem I'm running into it finding the exact dimensions for the 2-3 aluminum tubes that comprise the front grip.

Here are my discoveries so far by my caliper measurements:

1. Main outside aluminum tube (also partially embedded in resin body) = OD (1.250) x ID (1.120) x Wall (0.061)
  2. Middle inside aluminum tube = OD (1.125") x ID (1.055") x Wall (0.035) - This has been confirmed.
  3. Inner tube (for emitter) = OD (1.042") x ID (0.921") x Wall (0.065")
I purchased #2 Middle inside aluminum tubing from OnlineMetals dot com and it was an exact match.
However, twice I've tried purchasing aluminum metals from Speedy Metals dot com to the closest measurements of my findings but I am always just a bit off.
I want to keep trying but aluminum is expensive and don't want to keep blowing money.

I am still on the hunt for the right dimensions, but wanted to see if any other GB builders here on the RPF have any luck.

I have thought about telescope metals but my concern is that they will not fit the embedded collar in the resin body.

The body pictured is going to be built for a friend but I want extra aluminum so I can do back and redo my front grip as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4208.jpeg
    IMG_4208.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4209.jpeg
    IMG_4209.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4210.jpeg
    IMG_4210.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4206.jpeg
    IMG_4206.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4213.jpeg
    IMG_4213.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 62

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back