Helmet padding material?

For my Vaders I use a .5" thick foam plumbing insulation sheet. It comes in 2'x2' sheets and repels water. It can be glued or double sided taped into place.

For my Republic Commando, I did the same thing as Trooper Trent, I used the removable liner from a Scorpion Exo Motorcycle Helmet,. the headpiece and cheekpads together were about $30 dollars more expensive then scrap foam, but also IMO more comfortable and depending how you set it up, removable and washable and wicks away sweat

Appreciate the bump, as I was looking for this info last month. Found these pads which I am going to pick up for my helmet. I like the idea of cutting up a mouse pad as well.

SP-KP_250x0.jpg

I used the removable foam padding from a hockey helmet. I was lucky enough to have a used sporting goods store that had a extra set of padding sitting behind the counter. I got it for 5 bucks. I had to ask the sales person if they had any extra padding.

I,ve used a kneeling pad for gardening as the padding for my new Fixer helmet, it only cost me £1 and is idea especially as its hollow and comes in sections which can be cut into strips, the hollows can be used to route wires for fans, lights etc.

So I'm new to this. Got an ODST helmet off etsy. Unfinished. Came with some foam pieces that I think they mean for the inner padding, What would be the best way to attach it to the helmet? Tried hot glue, didn't go well. Maybe just basic bitch super glue or gorilla glue?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back