Hellboy Reliquary (Pinky Bone?)

Re: I made a reliquary

This is my first post to the rpf. I come via the R2 Builders group and my name is Ethan. I was secret santa for a coworker who's a big Hell Boy fan. I stumbled upon this thread and it seemed like a perfect gift. Using a bunch of 50% off coupons to Michaels and Jo Anns Fabrics, I bought what I needed. I saved a bone from a KFC lunch and bleached it for the "bone". I used a seed bead container ($1). I cut it to length with an xacto saw. The ends are buttons ($2.50). I used molding putty ($7, lots left) to add tabs to the top and legs to the bottom. I drilled a small hole in the top bead and used a keyhole/loop/leather strand ($3 all together) combo. Some paint, some glue, and it looked pretty cool. I printed out a photo I got from this thread and bought a shadow box from Michaels ($6) to put it all in. All in a all, it was a quick, fun, and cheap project. It wasn't a perfect replica, but my coworker loved it. Thanks guys for your ideas and help!

Great work!!! I really like what you were able to accomplish:thumbsup

I had great interest in making one myself a couple years back. This thread has inspired me to tackle this project again! Perhaps this illustration can be of help to anyone else looking to make one ;)

DFN,

Outstanding job on this using such basic supplies!!! Looks great!

I'd love to get one from the original master, but have to decide if I want one enough to swing the funds.

Thanks fro sharing the tutorial, as well!

Michael

I so Have to make one of these for my Hellboy Costume
l_4af1509cd7ce234cf02c88d0ce8cfd05.jpg

I thought I'd give a quick update. The reliquary I made for my coworker is proudly displayed at his house. Turns out his housekeeper is rather freaked out by it. I think there were prayers involved. He said he's worried if he puts many more "strange" things in his house, he will loose his housekeeper.

mwuhahaha :angry

Maybe next gift to him can a bust of Hell Boy... with the horns.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back