Hellboy Prop: Broom's Box. Need info.

Hello - I recently came across this thread and completely obsessed with the Broom box! Unfortunately, I do not have any woodworking skills so I'm hoping to find someone who is interested to do a custom-made box. I hope this thread is not completely dead yet but please message me. Thank you!
I can sell you and up-dated blue-print if you like. Savages is neat to look at but functionally speaking it’s not very accurate!

I can sell you and up-dated blue-print if you like. Savages is neat to look at but functionally speaking it’s not very accurate!
Hi! I definitely don't mind having a blueprint of the box. Please message me directly about it. Adam's box definitely a great piece but I did recalled it was from the movie so I'm not surprised it's mainly for looks but I do prefer a functional one :D
I'm still looking for someone who can make one for me, this is one of the props I really wish to have!

Hi! I definitely don't mind having a blueprint of the box. Please message me directly about it. Adam's box definitely a great piece but I did recalled it was from the movie so I'm not surprised it's mainly for looks but I do prefer a functional one :D
I'm still looking for someone who can make one for me, this is one of the props I really wish to have!
Yeah, I was the one that shouted out to Adam and reminded him he had promised to post his “blue-print” for the box. He responded by posting it but I think it got taken down again.
I turned it over to a builder/engineer I used to know and he looked at it and said “Yeah, if I build it that way you won’t be able to close the lid let alone put any books in it!”
So I had him redraw them in a “functional” form.
PM me and I’ll forward you my Pay-Pal Address.

I've been looking at making one of these recently. I've drawn up plans but the price of American White Oak is through the roof: £53 per square foot! Think it's cheaper to buy old oak furniture and salvage the wood.

I've been looking at making one of these recently. I've drawn up plans but the price of American White Oak is through the roof: £53 per square foot! Think it's cheaper to buy old oak furniture and salvage the wood.
It might very well be but here in the US White oak is fairly plentiful at Lowe’s and Home Depot.
Something else to remember is that the box has a few area’s that aren’t that thick and actually made up shim stock that’s been laid side by side in some places and laminated edge to edge in others.

Here's a pic of my Broom's Box, made from recycled scrap wood. I have a more extensive list of build notes and images on a post I started earlier in the year but I thought some people here might like to see its progress. It's been a fun build and quite the learning experience!

Attachments

• IMG_5400.jpg
    IMG_5400.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Here's a pic of my Broom's Box, made from recycled scrap wood. I have a more extensive list of build notes and images on a post I started earlier in the year but I thought some people here might like to see its progress. It's been a fun build and quite the learning experience!
Looks good. Mine was made from pallets.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back