Hellboy (2019)(Post-release)

What did you think of Hellboy?

• Total voters
Eh the main thing that ticked me off was (spoiler?)
The scene he sees when he first grabs excalibur, was shown in the trailers like it was gonna be awesome and a large part of the movie.... and well.... it was just a vision xD i mean come on FFFFFFFFF DANGIT MAN! DONT TEASE ME LIKE THAT AND EXPECT HAPPINESS xD

I didnt see this movie but can offer perspective as to why (and alot of people didnt go see this movie, which was it's big financial downfall).
I will say that I has this "why?" Question looming over me when i saw the previews.
It looked cool....but it also looked exactly like the original two. I wasnt going to see anything I hadn't seen already.
I would of considered a 3rd installment in continuity of those previous films, but I wasnt interested in a carbon-copy reboot.

Accidentally saw this on SY FY the other day thinking it was the GDT version.

Not-Ron Perlman-bad-prosthetics was the biggest issue for me.
Another is that Ian Mcshane seemed to think it was a John Wick movie and acted accordingly.
The Jack the Giant Slayer sequence was somehow worse than what Bryan Singer could do.

The weird thing for me is that I didn't hate Dog Soldiers and REALLY enjoyed The Decent by Neil Marshal....

This one didn't have the vison or scope of the GDT movies and seemed to think gore would make up for that.

Anyway just my 2Cents

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back